DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro picture transfer Android phone

Logger

Reactions
There is a similar thread that relates to iPhone & IOS, but my Qs relate to using an android phone

I am in the research phase & likely to buy a RC PRO. Currently I have a Mavic Pro Platinum and a Pixel 5 phone. With this setup, I take stills & they appear on the Pixel 5 phone in Google Photos. Within minutes they are available on all platforms by way of my Google Photos account. Super simple.

Is this functionality available with the RC PRO?

If I generally have the RC Pro connected to my Pixel 5 hotspot, can it be setup to auto sync images to my google photos acc in the same way that a phone can?

Can I install the Google Photos app on the RC PRo & is it even sensible to do so?

Given the RC PRO is android, does it leverage my existing access to the Google platform & use of an android phone?

Reactions: DMorvik
"Given the RC PRO is android ..." Yes the RC Pro uses the Android operating system, but no it does not include the Google Play Store or any other integration with Google services. You can probably use an apk download service to get apps and there are web sites that step through the installation process. Once you've done that some apps might work, but others won't because they depend on Google services which are not present.

You don't mention which drone you plan on getting to use with the RC Pro, but if it supports quick transfer that might be what you want.

Ah thanks. Shame it cannot leverage Google services a bit better.
Looking to get a Mavic 3, so I guess quick transfer will get the stuff off the drone & onto my Phone, but not automatically.

I am trying to get Google Photos onto my RC Pro, but no luck. I tried a few apk downloader sites, but I always get an error or try again message. Anyone else figured it out?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun