DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro Questions for Casting

fivestar51

Reactions
At work we have a Mavic 2 Enterprise, DJI Smart Controller,and a nice TV set up to view from. Makes all the difference in the world for sure. My hobby set up is an Air 2S, with the new RC Pro controller. Over the weekend I purchased a similar TV set up to use for personal stuff. I opened everything tonight, and of course Im running into casting issues.

First, I just now noticed that the Pro controller doesnt have the standard HDMI output like the old smart controller. Just bought a mini HDMI to HDMI adapter from BB and will hopefully pick that up tonight.

The second issue is using the EZ Cast. We can also do this at work, although I've preferred to use the wired HDMI route as I can walk away a bit from the TV and still have connection to cast. The issue here is that in the Display tab in the Pro, there's no "cast" option. Is there no way to wirelessly cast then from the Pro controller?

Hopefully this makes sense, and I can achieve what I want to with my home set up.

Thanks for any advice and information!

At work we have a Mavic 2 Enterprise, DJI Smart Controller,and a nice TV set up to view from. Makes all the difference in the world for sure. My hobby set up is an Air 2S, with the new RC Pro controller. Over the weekend I purchased a similar TV set up to use for personal stuff. I opened everything tonight, and of course Im running into casting issues.

First, I just now noticed that the Pro controller doesnt have the standard HDMI output like the old smart controller. Just bought a mini HDMI to HDMI adapter from BB and will hopefully pick that up tonight.

The second issue is using the EZ Cast. We can also do this at work, although I've preferred to use the wired HDMI route as I can walk away a bit from the TV and still have connection to cast. The issue here is that in the Display tab in the Pro, there's no "cast" option. Is there no way to wirelessly cast then from the Pro controller?

Hopefully this makes sense, and I can achieve what I want to with my home set up.

Thanks for any advice and information!
No native wireless cast from the RC Pro. If you need that, you'll have to fashion your own from the mini HDMI output, by using a 3rd party wireless casting device. Mini HDMI to HDMI should work fine, though. Just get a longer cable, if you need more range, or combine two HDMI cables with an amplifier in between.

Ok good deal. At least it seems like I can connect via the cable, which I prefer. I think there’s 15ft of cord, which is plenty long.

It seemed like when we used the casting method at work the controller couldn’t be more than about 7’ away from the screen/device. That was a pain, especially if you were trying to get out of the sunlight. I’ve found the 15’ cable to be about perfect for me.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
Wanted to post a little update….the mini hdmi to hdmi worked like a champ. Everything connected right up and produced a great image. It’s unfortunate there’s no direct cast ability though.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Wanted to post a little update….the mini hdmi to hdmi worked like a champ. Everything connected right up and produced a great image. It’s unfortunate there’s no direct cast ability though.
All direct casting has an additional delay, while the hardwired mini HDMI output has none, and given the 7’ distance limitation of direct casting, it likely wasn't deemed worth the hardware cost of enabling, when the RC Pro price is already $1200 without it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada