DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro SD Card Auto Delete?

Wade L.

Part 107 Certified
Reactions
Hi guys! I just ordered the RC Pro and super excited to get it tomorrow. Apologies if this question has been asked previously (did search the forums and user manual), but does the RC automatically delete anything on the SD card once it gets full? Since the media stored on the RC card is low res, I don’t intend to use it. But I do like the option of having it available in the event of a lost drone, and for that purpose I obviously do not need to keep media from previous flights. So will the RC automatically delete older media on the card as it starts to get full, or will I get some sort of warning and have to manually delete old media? Thanks in advance for your help!

"will the RC automatically delete older media on the card as it starts to get full, or will I get some sort of warning and have to manually delete old media?"

A SD Card is simply put, a solid state hard drive. Can't answer your question definitively but suspect like any storage device you'll get an, Insufficient Memory Message." However I recall you get the message after recording or attempting to save and operation will not complete.

Once the card is full, it will no longer record any additional media until the card space is sufficiently cleared.

Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian