DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC PRO with M3 urban range :D

bonzo

Reactions
I haven't seen much about range in urban environments, so I'm posting up.
Broke down and picked up the RC PRO locally, after finding out the RC is appx 2W vs .4W on the stock controller.

I am blown away by the range in urban enviros, and the ability to fly lower further while doing it!
Flying places I never could before, sometimes 4x the distance. I'm not going to get into #'s because of all the VLOS safety sallies.
But man, lanyard strap, Spotify tunes app playing on the RC PRO, white DJI goggles plugged in, music pumping out of the goggles and DJI FLY running oh so smooth!

Maybe I am easy to please as a recreational flyer but now, $1200 dosen't seem so bad, and has transformed the use of this drone for me :D

I thought you guys might want to hear that instead of watching YT vids of water and desert flights.

PS I had the old SC with M2Z in the past. This BLOWS that away ;)
20220106_192421.jpg20220106_192431.jpg

Reactions: Lasidora
I get much improved range as well. Very happy with that. I wouldn't say 4x the range but closer to 1.5x to 2x the range. Lower, farther better stronger. If only it had so little internal memory that I can't download a single afternoon's 4k recordings without stopping, copy to sdcard, download, stop, copy to sdcard.

Also annoyed no mic, and I've tried over a half dozen decent microphones to do screen recording voice overs but all sound horrendous. I can use the same mics on my phones, tablets etc and they sound terrific. Not a single solution after a month of trying to record voice to RC Pro.

I like the build quality, stick precision, battery life and range as we are discussing, but it needs to cache and download directly to sdcard. Soon. DJI says "we are looking into this. keep watch for updates." Thanks! I would never have thought of waiting and watching for updates!

Reactions: bonzo

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv