DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC restarting

Mavic2StingRay

Reactions
Ok just got my new Atlas Switch Antenna system. I am using Litchi for my app. Now question for anyone that can help. When the drone is out at a range of 1 mile or so the rc looks to restart and the Litchi app says I have lost signal. I still have three to four bars on the rc and video. What is going on with it? Help please?

Ok just got my new Atlas Switch Antenna system. I am using Litchi for my app. Now question for anyone that can help. When the drone is out at a range of 1 mile or so the rc looks to restart and the Litchi app says I have lost signal. I still have three to four bars on the rc and video. What is going on with it? Help please?

What do you mean by the RC "looks to restart"? When you say you have 3-4 bars on the RC, it doesn't quite make sense.

The rc and the app has four bars and the rc will look like it is coming on. It only happens out like a mile away. The screen ( fpv ) starts clitching.

The rc looks like it’s veing turned on like it’s restarting while in flight but only at a long range this happens.

The rc and the app has four bars and the rc will look like it is coming on. It only happens out like a mile away. The screen ( fpv ) starts clitching.

A screen "glitching" at a distance is normal. As your range increases, your signal fades, and the first thing to go is your video feed in the app. That means you have too much interference in between you and the drone or your range is getting too far and it's time to turn around.

I'm still confused as to what you mean by the "RC looks like it is coming on". Do you mean the glitching? Or something else? Does the RC actually turn off and restart, or are you just describing something you see on the RC screen?

Here is one thing I don’t understand three bars but signal lose???
The rc looks like it turns off and comes back on within like a second??? upload_2018-7-6_0-41-33.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-6_0-40-10.jpeg
    upload_2018-7-6_0-40-10.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 20
A screen "glitching" at a distance is normal. As your range increases, your signal fades, and the first thing to go is your video feed in the app. That means you have too much interference in between you and the drone or your range is getting too far and it's time to turn around.

I'm still confused as to what you mean by the "RC looks like it is coming on". Do you mean the glitching? Or something else? Does the RC actually turn off and restart, or are you just describing something you see on the RC screen?
I am seeing it on the rc screen.

This is your device screen, not the RC. I suppose the question you're really asking is how does it show 3 bars on the top of the screen, and yet at the same time, you end up with a "signal lost" message. Is that right?

If so, what you need to realize is that there is a delay in the signal strength "bars" being reported in Litchi (and frankly, the Go 4 app as well), where as you're flying away (or something interferes between the RC and drone) and your signal drops temporarily. It then comes back (the signal) before the signal bars get updated and they don't appear to change.

Continue to fly out of range, where the signal is dropped for a significant chunk of time (at least a few seconds) and you'll see the bars drop off to zero.

I suspect the signal bars refresh rate is slower, so you don't get bars fluctuating constantly up and down like a stereo's amp signal meter, but maintain a relatively steady amount in a segment of time.

Ok I get what you are saying about the signal and the bars. What about the rc going blank for a second and then looks like it turning back on. Is this the signal getting low? Like I said I am new to this and thank you for the help. I live in the mountains of West Virginia so I guess that is what is affecting my signal. I just got it moded with a Atlas Switch antenna system. Looking for more range.

Ok I get what you are saying about the signal and the bars. What about the rc going blank for a second and then looks like it turning back on. Is this the signal getting low? Like I said I am new to this and thank you for the help. I live in the mountains of West Virginia so I guess that is what is affecting my signal. I just got it moded with a Atlas Switch antenna system. Looking for more range.

The Atlas Switch Antenna System has a Directional and a Omni-Directional antenna. Could you possible have the Omni-Directional on when you are out at these distances which could be causing your signal loss. For distance you would want the Directional antenna on.

I have seen the RC blank screen you're talking about. Only happens to me when I get interference from other nearby wifi devices. Maybe something nearby is broadcasting slightly stronger than the aircraft when it is out about a mile. Try moving away from any nearby wifi broadcasting devices or turning them off.

Yes this is when using the Omni-Directional antenna. Haven’t tried the directional antenna yet. But the reason I haven’t is all the trees and mountains. I will try turning off my WiFi as well and see if that’s works any better. Maybe my house WiFi getting me I am close to it when flying. Only happens about a mile out closer it don’t happen.

Yes this is when using the Omni-Directional antenna. Haven’t tried the directional antenna yet. But the reason I haven’t is all the trees and mountains. I will try turning off my WiFi as well and see if that’s works any better. Maybe my house WiFi getting me I am close to it when flying. Only happens about a mile out closer it don’t happen.

You might also call the Atlas people, they are very knowledgeable and helpful. They designed and built the antennas so they can give you the best advise for the environment you are flying in.

I usually fly from my deck. On the part where I am near the router I have no problem, however when I am near my all wifi AV system (smart tv, directv receiver, tivo ota receiver, apple tv, and PS4) I get the blanking screen at about 1 mile. When I turn the AV system off I have no problem. I haven't tried turning them off one at a time, to see if just one is the culprit, because my remote turns them all on and all off and I'm lazy that way.

I usually fly from my deck. On the part where I am near the router I have no problem, however when I am near my all wifi AV system (smart tv, directv receiver, tivo ota receiver, apple tv, and PS4) I get the blanking screen at about 1 mile. When I turn the AV system off I have no problem. I haven't tried turning them off one at a time, to see if just one is the culprit, because my remote turns them all on and all off and I'm lazy that way.
You sounds just like me. I fly from my deck as well. AV system what is this? So your saying turn off my WiFi on my phone?

You sounds just like me. I fly from my deck as well. AV system what is this? So your saying turn off my WiFi on my phone?
No, what I'm saying is that it is other wifi devices that seem to cause my problems. I haven't had to turn off my phones wifi.

No, what I'm saying is that it is other wifi devices that seem to cause my problems. I haven't had to turn off my phones wifi.
Ok I will see if that’s my problem sounds like the same about a mile it gets me. And you say your rc looks like it restarts too?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54