DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Signal Low in Mountains

caleb1

Reactions
So when flying my Mavic Pro Platinum in mountainous areas there seems to be low RC signal and the transmission of the camera to DJI GO 4 is delayed by about 1.5 - 2 seconds. There is nothing between the antennas and the drone and it is not extremely far away from the controller (not further than 3000 feet). It is much better when flying in flat areas.

Does it have to do with the signals bouncing off the mountainsides or something?

I just thought I would post and see if anyone has any thoughts or feedback on this.

Thanks in advance.

i noticed this error when i flew over a hill to the other side,,, not to far less than your 3000ft but i got the warning so i came back, not sure why that would happen though i wasnt in a tunnel or below my take off elevtion,,,,

Reactions: caleb1
i noticed this error when i flew over a hill to the other side,,, not to far less than your 3000ft but i got the warning so i came back, not sure why that would happen though i wasnt in a tunnel or below my take off elevtion,,,,
I didn't even fly it behind anything and got it.

I'm glad that it will return to home by itself though if you loose signal.

I had great results in the mountains of Montana using the Titan Atlas antenna.
Can you buy different antennas for the Mavic remote? Would you recommend other ones more than the included ones?

Can you buy different antennas for the Mavic remote? Would you recommend other ones more than the included ones?

Yes, Titan Drones makes all kinds of different antennas for different flying conditions. The Titan Atlas is an omnidirectional antenna. I also have the semi directional Titan Cyclone that is great for long range in one direction. Titan Drone makes the most compact and professional antennas IMO.

Yes, Titan Drones makes all kinds of different antennas for different flying conditions. The Titan Atlas is an omnidirectional antenna. I also have the semi directional Titan Cyclone that is great for long range in one direction. Titan Drone makes the most compact and professional antennas IMO.
Is this it?
Titan Drones, Inc.
It looks kinda big and bulky to me...

So I need to send it in to Titan to get it put on. I can't just put in on myself?

So I need to send it in to Titan to get it put on. I can't just put in on myself?

You can do it yourself, or send it to Titan Drones and they’ll do it for $99.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98