DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC2 not charging

Xitor

Premium Pilot
Reactions
My RC 2 has stopping charging. I've turned it off on, even got a new update and its still not charging. I've tried different cables, different power systems. The same cable and charger that works with my batteries, go pro, etc. is not charging the controller. Its not blinking either, almost like it senses no USB connection or power. Just thought I'd check here after a quick google and forum search, before opening a case with DJI care. Just not sure if there is some sort of controller reset option.

• Sad
Reactions: AeroJ
Was it run down past safe minimums at all somehow ?
There is a reset controller option I think, but not sure that's gonna help.

Was it run down past safe minimums at all somehow ?
There is a reset controller option I think, but not sure that's gonna help.
No, first time I noticed this it was at 3 bars and I was about to go on a long shoot so I wanted to top it off. It would charge, so I did the shoot anyway, about an hour long. Afterwards I was at 2 bars and wouldn't charge. Now after playing around with it, letting it do an update, its down to 1 bar probably for first time in the 13 months I've had it, because it always out lasts my 3 batteries.

Last edited:
My RC 2 has stopping charging. I've turned it off on, even got a new update and its still not charging. I've tried different cables, different power systems. The same cable and charger that works with my batteries, go pro, etc. is not charging the controller. Its not blinking either, almost like it senses no USB connection or power. Just thought I'd check here after a quick google and forum search, before opening a case with DJI care. Just not sure if there is some sort of controller reset option.
This may seem like a dumb question, but I had a friend that was saying the same thing and he was plugging the charging cable into the top, not the bottom port. Are you using the correct port?

Reactions: sarahb
This may seem like a dumb question, but I had a friend that was saying the same thing and he was plugging the charging cable into the top, not the bottom port. Are you using the correct port?
LOL, I didn't even know there were ports on the top. Just looked at them can't imagine you could get a USB in there without some force. No, bottom, standard USB C port. Same one I've always used.

Does it connect to the computer and show up as a drive with the usb-c?
Good question, when I plug it in, the PC beeps, like "hey there is a device" but I can't read anything, instead an error pops up.

1726425086533.png

Sounds like a Care refresh replacement is in my future.

Ok, it appears to be fixed, for now, but the solution was very strange. After nothing else worked, I did a factory reset on the controller, but even after that it would not charge, including a couple restarts for good measure. So getting ready to send it in for exchange / repairs, I removed the SD card. Coincidentally it was still plugged in to USB power when I did this and the light instantly began blinking. It even connects to the PC now. However charging after removing the SD card seems so random I'm not convinced yet there isn't an intermittent issue.

Reactions: AeroJ and GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr