DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Re-Packing the Air 2S Travel Case? (UnBoxing)

PalmettoAerial

Reactions
I just got the Air 2S in today. First impression out of the box is wow this is a little package! I knew it would be a small drone but I was still shocked to see how little the Air 2S really is.

Also - I was really impressed with the black travel case they sent and the overall presentation out of the box, but I am curious how others are repacking all of the contents when they go fly the drone. It seems like they were very efficient in the design, but there isnt much room for anything else.

Is anyone taking all of the spare props?

Is anyone adding smaller cases to the DJI bag to compartmentalize any of the smaller stuff?

I just got the Air 2S in today. First impression out of the box is wow this is a little package! I knew it would be a small drone but I was still shocked to see how little the Air 2S really is.

Also - I was really impressed with the black travel case they sent and the overall presentation out of the box, but I am curious how others are repacking all of the contents when they go fly the drone. It seems like they were very efficient in the design, but there isnt much room for anything else.

Is anyone taking all of the spare props?

Is anyone adding smaller cases to the DJI bag to compartmentalize any of the smaller stuff?
The bag works pretty well and is just big enough for the Air 2s, controller, batteries, and filters.

I usually leave the charger at home along with most of the extra props and anything else out of the FlyMore kit that I don't use regularly. I do hide the extra sticks in one of the zippered areas.... eventually you will drop one at an inconvenient time.

I don't store the Air 2S in the bag to avoid deforming the props. The tips can be permanently bent if stored under compression. It gets a little crowded in the bag once you add a tablet holder and lanyard, so I usually use a separate bag for the tablet, documents, spare props, charger, and such.

Have fun with that new drone. Remember that it always starts up in Normal control mode, regardless of how the switch is set. You can get to Cine mode (aka new pilot mode or cautious old guy mode) by switching to any other mode and back to the Cine setting on the controller. I use it for all takeoffs and landings and in close quarters. Oh, and attach a big ribbon to the gimbal cover to make it more difficult to leave it on when you start up.

The bag works pretty well and is just big enough for the Air 2s, controller, batteries, and filters.

I usually leave the charger at home along with most of the extra props and anything else out of the FlyMore kit that I don't use regularly. I do hide the extra sticks in one of the zippered areas.... eventually you will drop one at an inconvenient time.
I do exactly the same.. though the extra props are so small and light you could just put them in your pocket or a body-belt (which is always handy for keys and other crap that you want to keep separate from your drone).

I put the open bag in the bottom of my backpack; the open bag allows me to place drone and items in the compartments. Any other items (trusty wind meter from years ago) can also go into the backpack.
Charging equipment stays home. Into the backpack also goes my folder with daily flight checklist/log and 2 printed done takeoff/landing warning signs which get attached to my helipad. The helipad bag hangs on a backpack shoulder strip.

I don't store the Air 2S in the bag to avoid deforming the props. The tips can be permanently bent if stored under compression. It gets a little crowded in the bag once you add a tablet holder and lanyard, so I usually use a separate bag for the tablet, documents, spare props, charger, and such.

Have fun with that new drone. Remember that it always starts up in Normal control mode, regardless of how the switch is set. You can get to Cine mode (aka new pilot mode or cautious old guy mode) by switching to any other mode and back to the Cine setting on the controller. I use it for all takeoffs and landings and in close quarters. Oh, and attach a big ribbon to the gimbal cover to make it more difficult to leave it on when you start up.
I didn’t realize that about normal / cine control mode. Thanks

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121