DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reading signs

detectorguy

Reactions
I was out flying around in some newer places today, and had a few birds come in for a inspection of my drone, but no bird bothered it.
While I was out flying I seen this sign and thought I would go in and see what it said. It said
No trespassing
Habitat
Restoration
In
Progress
and had a cable fence around it.
I have never come across anything like this before.
Can I fly around this or over it at 300 feet?

Legally land owners don't get to say who flies over their land.

Generally if someone is trying to restore a habitat for some kind of animals / birds / whatever you might want to ask is a drone going to bother whatever is meant to live in the restored habitat. If someone has spent months or years trying to temp some bird or other back and a bit of irresponsible (but legal) flying scares it off, it does you and other pilots no good. On the other hand of they're trying to create a space for butterflies or nocturnal animals you won't bother them. The risk goes down with height, some stuff will still be bothered at 300 feet, others won't care at 30. I try to avoid upsetting people and animals.

No trespassing
Habitat
Restoration In Progress

Can I fly around this or over it at 300 feet?
They don't want anyone driving on the site, trampling new plants or pulling them out.
Your drone won't have any effect at all on the habitat restoration work.

Reactions: Lionfish
No trespassing
Habitat
Restoration
In
Progress

So I thought I would post it so myself and others could learn if they see it also

Reactions: Tufargon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter