DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Real Estate Photography

Johndronebusiness

Reactions
Hi everyone,
I am a new licensed pilot who is starting to do some gigs for real estate.
I currently own a mavic pro but definitely planning to upgrade once I save up a little bit from doing aerial videography and photography.

I just wanted to know what settings you’re flying your mavic pro at for still photo and videos?

I’m currently using
Raw
Biggest size possible
Everything 0-0-0
D log
Auto focus
And also I have ND filters
Any suggestions?

Hi everyone,
I am a new licensed pilot who is starting to do some gigs for real estate.
I currently own a mavic pro but definitely planning to upgrade once I save up a little bit from doing aerial videography and photography.

I just wanted to know what settings you’re flying your mavic pro at for still photo and videos?

I’m currently using
Raw
Biggest size possible
Everything 0-0-0
D log
Auto focus
And also I have ND filters
Any suggestions?
Tripod Mode, Sharpness +1

ND Filters would help with quality. Still photos AEB 3-5 pics for a HDR image.

That’s why it helps for better quality, look more into nd filters polarpro cinema series you will see the huge difference
Learn a bit about photography and you'll find out that what I said was completely correct.
ND filters cut the amount of light getting through to the sensor.
ND filters do nothing to create "better quality".

Reactions: kjcbid54
Learn a bit about photography and you'll find out that what I said was completely correct.

So a scene watched/photographed on a sunny day compared to a scene watched/photographed on a sunny day through polarised sunglasses/lenses will not be any different in quality ??

So a scene watched/photographed on a sunny day compared to a scene watched/photographed on a sunny day through polarised sunglasses/lenses will not be any different in quality ??
I don't think I made any reference to polarised filters??
I only mentioned ND (neutral density) filters.
They are not the same thing.

You are talking nonsense my friend I’m sorry.

Forty years in photography including teaching photography and you want to tell me I'm speaking nonsense?
What I told you is accurate.

Nd filters I am talking about are polarized ugh plz no
You didn't mention that earlier.
You aren't talking about ND filters at all.
You are talking about a polarising filter combined with an ND filter.

Since you didn't realise you meant ND/Pol, I wonder if you know how to use a polarising filter on a drone (most users don't)

Last edited:
Forty years in photography including teaching photography and you want to tell me I'm speaking nonsense?
What I told you is accurate.

You didn't mention that earlier.
You aren't talking about ND filters at all.
You are talking about a polarising filter combined with an ND filter.

Since you didn't realise you meant ND/Pol, I wonder if you know how to use a polarising filter on a drone (most users don't)

Sorry professor

Just the name of the filter you mentioned means that Meta4 is correct. ND stands for Neutral Density, which means that the filter has a "neutral" effect on the image and only adds "density" to the light entering the sensor. To many people think that it's like a physical Instagram filter that you put on your camera or something. Do a little research before you put down people trying to make suggestions that could make you a better photographer..

Reactions: Meta4
Sorry professor
John..... no need for the sarcastic comment.....

In actual fact, Meta4 is 100% correct.... ND filters only cut the light, allowing you to get your video speed down..... (and if you don't know what speed I mean, then you shouldn't be sniping... like a child (who knows little), picking up a live hand grenade and saying, "lets see what happens if I pull this little pin out"...).

ND filters are of little value for still images (although they can help if you want artistic, longer exposures (see... they cut the light.... allowing you to get your speed down (and if you dont know what..etc.... :))

Polarised filters can help the perceived 'quality' by reducing glare which may wash out the image.... or by darkening skys for a more dramatic effect (but you got to know how to set the degree of polarisation)

There is an awful lot to all this, far too much for a note like this, and while many people know a lot, there is a lot that many people don't know.
And remember..... there are people who know a lot more than you do.... and they are very willing to help..... but dont bite the hand that feeds you knowledge.
If someone pi $ $ ed you off... would you drop everything to help them in the future?
then again.. there is always YewToobe..... the internet is always right....... right??

Accept comments in the spirit they were given..... if you don't agree with them... say so (politely)...... the nett result will be that someone (either you or the comment giver), benefits by increasing their knowledge,.... win-win!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka