DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Real time GPS coordinates

kyoung

Reactions
I fly my mavic searching for stray cattle in a 300 acre pasture. When I locate one I would like to see the current GPS coordinates while I hover above the cow. I can't find in the DJI Go 4 app where the GPS coordinates for the Mavic's current position are displayed. I know I can take a picture, fly the mavic back to me an download the picture, but I would like to see the coordinates in real time if possible. Is this a function of the Go 4 app, or is there another app I could use to get real time GPS coordinates?

Thanks,

Keith

I fly my mavic searching for stray cattle in a 300 acre pasture. When I locate one I would like to see the current GPS coordinates while I hover above the cow. I can't find in the DJI Go 4 app where the GPS coordinates for the Mavic's current position are displayed. I know I can take a picture, fly the mavic back to me an download the picture, but I would like to see the coordinates in real time if possible. Is this a function of the Go 4 app, or is there another app I could use to get real time GPS coordinates?

Thanks,

Keith
Jump over to Google Earth.......

I not sure how to that, but I’ll look into it. Is this something I can do through the Go 4 app?

Thanks

I think you should try a test in your yard using find my drone . Fly your drone 300 yards away and then go into your find my drone settings and look . I just don’t know if it will work with the bird hovering over the cattle . I would like to know the results also .

You might look at Tag Pilot - This could be what you are looking for.

Update. To get the real time GPS coordinates while the Mavic was in the air I was able to use 'find my drone' feature in the Go 4 app. I was also able to use Tag Pilot to see coordinates as I flew over different areas.

Regarding Tap Pilot, has anyone come across directions on how to use it. The brief description I found on the Maps Made Easy website is not that helpful. I could find how you actually tag a spot. If anyone has written there own directions or know where to find them I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Keith

GS Pro displays coordinates on iPads. I had a few mis steps trying to get this feature. AutoPilot does it too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98