DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rear Prop warnings

Ogsimmons

Reactions
In as many as three flights I have gotten a prop replacement warning while flying. I land it see the twitching motor (Right rear) and replaced that prop. Did that the other day and today, I get another prop warning that the Left rear prop needed replacement. Don’t understand the frequency of this issue. Have not hit anything while flying. Can someone shed some light on this problem?

From my understanding, both left and right rear props should be replaced at the same time. It could possibly be the way it’s stored in a case that is causing the damage. The props will warp if not stored properly.

Reactions: Lurch003
I jinxed myself last week when I stupidly said I've had no issues... and then had the same as you! Have always been careful about storing but noticed that the 3d printed clip I use on the props was a bit tight. I'd gauge 99% of the issues users have had like this are due to deformed props from not-so-careful packing away in the fly more case.

Have left it out for the last few days with the arms out and props free to test if they will get back into true form on their own before I replace them.

Like @BarbT said, replace both rear as a set

Reactions: CFWB
Thank you for your help.
I replaced my rear props today. Due to stupid accident. They were only slightly chipped but I am a perfectionist. So far so good. Im just not sure how far to tighten them. But its working.

On another note. when I go to DJI Fly settings advanced, I switch the comm channel to Auto. If I close the app and go back in, it switched back to manual . Any Idea ? Let me know if you need more detail.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98