DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reboot Aircraft Error in Assistant 2

Usman

Reactions
Problem? Sensors not working, trying to calibrate in Assistant 2 but it keeps on saying "Please reboot Aircraft"

Was unit in a crash? Didn't crash but was lost and landed in mud which was over its boards.

What have you tried so far? I have reinstalled the Assistant 2 software, disabled driver signature enforcement, updated the vision driver, reduce the screen resolutions, restarted the drone dozens of times, my pc has windows 10, tried on another PC with windows 7 but i get the same error every time i try to calibrate.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? iPhone 7 plus (N/A?)

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? latest

What Go app version are you using? DJI GO 4

Any modification? (if so what) nope

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) Trying to calibrate the sensors using DJI Assistant 2.

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)
Not applicable

Note: The done does not gives any error to calibrate the sensors, the status is normal in the DJI Go app but in reality they do not work. The drone had mud all over the boards when it was lost so i un assembled the board to clean it hence i feel the sensors require calibration to work again.

Just an idea, did you use latest version of Assistant 2 (1.2.4)?

Maybe mud get into the ultrasonic sensors at bottom (the one with a small grid).
Did you checked if the 2 cameras bellows are clean?

Maybe mud get into the ultrasonic sensors at bottom (the one with a small grid).
Did you checked if the 2 cameras bellows are clean?

I'll check that out too.

Yesterday when i took the drone to 10m, it gave me following error for the first time:

file.png

On another note, the calibration in the Assistant 2 software is done through the Drone's camera? My camera isn't working yet so could that be the reason the calibration can not start?

Attachments

• file.png
    file.png
    891.3 KB · Views: 8
I'll check that out too.

Yesterday when i took the drone to 10m, it gave me following error for the first time:

View attachment 40354

On another note, the calibration in the Assistant 2 software is done through the Drone's camera? My camera isn't working yet so could that be the reason the calibration can not start?
What do you mean “my camera isn’t working yet”? The vision calibration is of the vision sensors (the little lenses)

What do you mean “my camera isn’t working yet”? The vision calibration is of the vision sensors (the little lenses)

The camera view on phone is totally black, a fellow member here told I should replace the camera cable and hopefully then it will work again.

So that’s why i was thinking it could be the reason calibration might also not be working.

I tried only one time calibration of these sensors but it failed, my screen resolution was too big and it cannot define the scaling.
It start with front sensors and then downward sensors. I don't know if it really need the main camera for avoidance sensor calibration. Sounds like not needed but only my guess.

I tried only one time calibration of these sensors but it failed, my screen resolution was too big and it cannot define the scaling.
It start with front sensors and then downward sensors. I don't know if it really need the main camera for avoidance sensor calibration. Sounds like not needed but only my guess.

I suspect it is camera only because rest i have tried everything to get rid of the "Reboot the aircraft" error but it does not work.

By the way, you can change your display resolutions for calibration to 1600 x 900 in case they are higher then it, mine are 2560 x 1080 but i reduced them for calibration.

Reactions: Dronason
I suspect it is camera only because rest i have tried everything to get rid of the "Reboot the aircraft" error but it does not work.

By the way, you can change your display resolutions for calibration to 1600 x 900 in case they are higher then it, mine are 2560 x 1080 but i reduced them for calibration.
Problem was that I use multi monitors that create alien resolution. Now I get that the most basic it is the best. As I don't have really currently an issue with these sensors, there is no hurry, was just good practice to have calibration under control. Thanks for the info.

Here's another success after the dreaded, unhelpful 'reboot the aircraft' prompt when attempting vision sensor calibration in DJI Assistant 2.

My Mavic Pro had just survived a soft crash, snagged in a shrub & got a muddy nose, with no apparent damage, took off and flew fine except for the error about calibrating the vision system.

When I got the reboot message repeatedly after rebooting the aircraft, I was concerned that maybe I _had_ damaged the sensor, and tried to calibrate another Mavic Pro on the same laptop and got the same reboot error.

Searching here after that got me to this thread and trying lots of stuff to no avail. I did note advice in a similar thread to try a desktop, but didn't...

Contacting Tech chat, the rep asked straightaway if I was using a laptop, then immediately suggested using a desktop with a larger monitor when I replied my laptops' an XPS 13.

I went to a desktop PC running Windows 10 with a 24' monitor set at 1920X1080. Assistant 2 installed and ran on my friend's PC with no problems, connected, calibrated the vision system, front and downward, with no problems, on both drones.

I followed up with the chat to thank them and let them know my opinion of the 'reboot aircraft' prompt instead of something more descriptive.

The next fellow on chat says that changing resolution up or down or going to a desktop from a laptop usually makes it work and that reinstalling the app or drivers is not their first recommendation...

Yep, I couldn't run vision calibration for my M2Z from my laptop. I suspect it needs 1080p. Many laptop screens including mine are only 720p

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato