DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Received A Engine Warning During Flight

jws926

Reactions
Hello guys, I received a engine warning while flying, I don't recall the excat wording, the AC initiated RTH and returned home safely , I did a check of all the props and there was nothing that seem damaged , put it back up a few a more times and never Received that error message again and the AC was flying normally the entire time.

I would like to review the flight logs to try and get a better understand of what might of happen or to see if there is something going on.

Please advise me as to what logs I need to upload

Thank you gents

OP, were you flying in sport mode? Doing any hard braking?
Thanks for replying, at the time, no I was not in Sport Mode, I was a few minutes before hand, at the time of the warning the AC was traveling at 17.7 mph and there was no hard breaking at that moment

What firmware are you running? This (Motor current) was a false positive issue with .400. Play back the flight in your flight record. It will show the error message.

What firmware are you running? This (Motor current) was a false positive issue with .400. Play back the flight in your flight record. It will show the error message.
I was not on the current firmware when I got the error message, before my flights today I updated everything and now I am on the current firmware

So its possible it was just a false positive ?

Reactions: Former Member
Yes but try to remember which battery it was and use that one last,
This is another great reason to number your batteries as soon as you receive your Mavic. It helps you keep track with cycling them all as you use them.

I get those ‘Over current Discharge ‘ warnings almost ever time I fly if.......... I put a fresh battery in and GO UP & Full FORWARD in sport mode for along ways..After I’m in the air I fly sport mode 95% of the time anyway.

Good tips, I forget to number the new one, but isnt there a way to see each battery's use ?

I havent got that warning again .

I was not on the current firmware when I got the error message, before my flights today I updated everything and now I am on the current firmware

So its possible it was just a false positive ?

Yes

Full left stick down and right stick forward can coax this error out if you haven't updated to 0500 firmware. It was a known issue with the previous FW and was a false positive - you're probably OK now.

Yes

Full left stick down and right stick forward can coax this error out if you haven't updated to 0500 firmware. It was a known issue with the previous FW and was a false positive - you're probably OK now.
Thank you, I did update to 05000 firmware shortly after I created this thread and thus far have not received that warning, and that was the only time that I did.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Thank you, I did update to 05000 firmware shortly after I created this thread and thus far have not received that warning, and that was the only time that I did.

Chances are you won't see it again if the 0500 FW fixed what it said it did.

Reactions: jws926

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snaeem