DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Received! Mavic 2 Zoom

Reactions
So, yesterday I got my Mavic 2 Zoom. Of course, I was giddy, I mean who wouldn't be, right? I set it up, took only about 30 minutes or so to make sure I had all the most up-to-date firmware, batteries charged, stickers are peeled off, etc.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone, at the moment. Other tablets and phones to be tested this weekend, weather conditions permitting.

I put the M2Z on a level platform, plug in my phone and turn on the drone, then the controller. All is good. Camera test, good. Settings, good...blah blah blah... I turn it on, can barely hear it hum as I stand roughly 20 feet away. I flick the stick up, and off we go, to a blistering height of 10 feet. Still, not too much noise, check camera quality, check drone response, all good. Might as well go higher, right? My kids are sitting next to me on the ground, watching with the "meh" face. I push the stick straight forward, eliciting a slightly higher pitched and higher volume whine from the drone that faded quickly as it rocketed skyward. Kids are in awe, not being able to see it, as I've now reached 300 feet and moved just over our house, looking straight down. Camera quality, awesome...zoom in, even better! I take a couple pictures and video and then hit the RTH button, to ensure it works properly. The M2Z drops to about 200 feet and makes its way to right about where we are, then dropped at an average pace to almost exactly where I took off from, only missed the mark by about an inch.

I now look at the video and pictures, and realize, I forgot the **** SD Card! It didn't save the video, but did save the pictures. This is likely my error, as I probably had a setting wrong in the video section, in addition to the lack of SD card.

Overall, I had zero issues flying. Flight time was 7 minutes, not much, but good for an initial settings/errors check, in my mind. My S8 didn't have any issue handling the video, although by the time I was done flying, it was quite warm (I was standing in the shade, and it was about 78 degrees out), I also needed to wait about 30 seconds after shutting down the DJI GO 4 app for the rest of my apps to even show on the screen. I may need to address this, possibly adding a cooling fan/heatsink to the underside of my phone.

All this said. I will be uploading pics and video as soon as I can, and likely after this hurricane fiasco blows by.

So, yesterday I got my Mavic 2 Zoom. Of course, I was giddy, I mean who wouldn't be, right? I set it up, took only about 30 minutes or so to make sure I had all the most up-to-date firmware, batteries charged, stickers are peeled off, etc.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone, at the moment. Other tablets and phones to be tested this weekend, weather conditions permitting.

I put the M2Z on a level platform, plug in my phone and turn on the drone, then the controller. All is good. Camera test, good. Settings, good...blah blah blah... I turn it on, can barely hear it hum as I stand roughly 20 feet away. I flick the stick up, and off we go, to a blistering height of 10 feet. Still, not too much noise, check camera quality, check drone response, all good. Might as well go higher, right? My kids are sitting next to me on the ground, watching with the "meh" face. I push the stick straight forward, eliciting a slightly higher pitched and higher volume whine from the drone that faded quickly as it rocketed skyward. Kids are in awe, not being able to see it, as I've now reached 300 feet and moved just over our house, looking straight down. Camera quality, awesome...zoom in, even better! I take a couple pictures and video and then hit the RTH button, to ensure it works properly. The M2Z drops to about 200 feet and makes its way to right about where we are, then dropped at an average pace to almost exactly where I took off from, only missed the mark by about an inch.

I now look at the video and pictures, and realize, I forgot the **** SD Card! It didn't save the video, but did save the pictures. This is likely my error, as I probably had a setting wrong in the video section, in addition to the lack of SD card.

Overall, I had zero issues flying. Flight time was 7 minutes, not much, but good for an initial settings/errors check, in my mind. My S8 didn't have any issue handling the video, although by the time I was done flying, it was quite warm (I was standing in the shade, and it was about 78 degrees out), I also needed to wait about 30 seconds after shutting down the DJI GO 4 app for the rest of my apps to even show on the screen. I may need to address this, possibly adding a cooling fan/heatsink to the underside of my phone.

All this said. I will be uploading pics and video as soon as I can, and likely after this hurricane fiasco blows by.
congrats...happy to hear first flight went well....i get my zoom delivered this monday...

congrats !!! How long was delivery time ?

Reactions: Daleini Torrin
congrats! Had the same experience with my M2Z. Just learning all the functions is going to take time but it is real easy to fly. This is my first drone ever so I am an "Oldster Newbie" remote PIC

Reactions: Daleini Torrin
congrats !!! How long was delivery time ?

I got everything within 3 business days (ordered on Sat evening, received everything by Wed at 1200). As an FYI, I typically have any expensive items shipped directly to a FedEx shipping center, which cuts down the timeframe significantly (at least in my experience). It also ensures no one steals a package from my doorstep if its delivered while I am at work, which has happened to me before.

I got everything within 3 business days (ordered on Sat evening, received everything by Wed at 1200). As an FYI, I typically have any expensive items shipped directly to a FedEx shipping center, which cuts down the timeframe significantly (at least in my experience). It also ensures no one steals a package from my doorstep if its delivered while I am at work, which has happened to me before.
pretty fast !!!!

I just got my MZ2 at Best Buy! I asked if they had either one of them in stock (Zoom or Pro) and the sales guy said "No, I don't think we have either model." Went to the back, came back out and sure enough he has a brand new Mavic 2 Zoom! It seems to have more mass than my Mavic Platinum but it is really easy to fly! I'll upload some pics when I get them off the SD. BTW, it's supposed to have 8 Gb of cache onboard! I'm going to look into that.

I just got my MZ2 at Best Buy! I asked if they had either one of them in stock (Zoom or Pro) and the sales guy said "No, I don't think we have either model." Went to the back, came back out and sure enough he has a brand new Mavic 2 Zoom! It seems to have more mass than my Mavic Platinum but it is really easy to fly! I'll upload some pics when I get them off the SD. BTW, it's supposed to have 8 Gb of cache onboard! I'm going to look into that.
Congratulations!!!

my zoom is scheduled to arrive monday....reading some of these posts about drone falling out of the sky and gimbal overheating, is honestly making me a little nervous....i had a yuneec typhoon h that had nothing but problems for me...however yuneec customer service is awesome...but the last straw was that the drone fell from the sky and crashed into pieces right before my eyes...i was dumbfounded....yuneec sent me a brand new one and i sold it right away...that is the worst feeling watching your drone just fall and your unable to control anything....

I assume you got your photos from your phone, which are cached versions. If you started a video, it should be in the internal 8GB memory. It will automatically go there without an SD card installed. You'll need to connect your AC to your PC using the USB C port to get to the internal memory. The high HQ photos will be there too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661