DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

received my M2

teccer

Reactions
I've just received my M2 but not getting my tablet until tomorrow so first thoughts.
after using my Phantoms, WOW it's small
all 3 batteries were flat (normal for new M2?) on charge now,
it appears that the charging cable can go into the charging socket either way, correct?. same with the short cable that will go to the tablet?
it took me a long time to work out how to get the battery out of the M2, managed to do it eventually but very difficult, should be an easier way, maybe better when it's been use a lot more
I weighed the M2 in ready to fly condition on very accurate scales and it weighs 238gms, battery in, gimbal guard off.
will update after my next episode with the tablet when I get it,, maybe with more questions ;)
Ray

Yep it's certainly a bit fiddly is battery removal. My batteries were charged to about 50% but guess it depends on discharge time. Also yes to the charging cable, it goes in either way round. Welcome to the M2 Club

I've just received my M2 but not getting my tablet until tomorrow so first thoughts.
after using my Phantoms, WOW it's small
all 3 batteries were flat (normal for new M2?) on charge now,
it appears that the charging cable can go into the charging socket either way, correct?. same with the short cable that will go to the tablet?
it took me a long time to work out how to get the battery out of the M2, managed to do it eventually but very difficult, should be an easier way, maybe better when it's been use a lot more
I weighed the M2 in ready to fly condition on very accurate scales and it weighs 238gms, battery in, gimbal guard off.
will update after my next episode with the tablet when I get it,, maybe with more questions ;)
Ray

You need this battery extractor

Reactions: Chris Rees
I received my M2 last week. All 3 batteries were flat (zero charge) also. But no big deal, I charged them over night. No difficulty taking the btry out of the M2. Mine is very easy after pinching the tab.

I received my M2 last week. All 3 batteries were flat (zero charge) also. But no big deal, I charged them over night. No difficulty taking the btry out of the M2. Mine is very easy after pinching mine are quite a tight fit. Need to get a firm hold of it.

This is strange, mine are quite a tight fit, I need to get a firm hold and pull sharply. Wonder why they vary?

There does seem to be some variation in their tightness, there was/is a thread where the guy really struggled to remove a Mini 2 battery but I recollect he said they were a fairly tight fit when installing them.
If the problem in this thread relates to releasing the catch then with the MM I find using a thumb or finger nail to depress the catch in a sort of rolling-over-the-top-of-the-battery movement is the way to go but a bit tricky if my finger nails are cut really short.

You need this battery extractor
yes I agree but I like making things so this is what I came up with

Attachments

• 20210219_100714_resized_1.jpg
    20210219_100714_resized_1.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210219_100553_resized_1.jpg
    20210219_100553_resized_1.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads