DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Received replacement Mavic 2, Gimbal feels very off first flight

Algebruh_m8

Reactions
Hello everyone. I've just received my care refresh Mavic 2 pro replacement today. I've been without it for about a week and a half and was excited to fly it today. Only for my keen eyes to sense, something was wrong with the way the gimbal operated entirely. During the first flight, I panned the aircraft left and right and noticed the gimbal doing a little bounce back after the AC stopped moving. When the drone is on the ground stationary, I try to use my finger to freely move the gimbal left and right but it seems to lock itself and it throws a gimbal motor overloaded warning. After it supposedly restarts the gimbal I am freely able to move the gimbal left and right but when flying, the gimbal doesn't respond to me trying to move it left and right, only happens infrequently. I also see a very minuscule jello effect that I have never encountered with my previous drones. Below I have attached the video I recorded on the second flight after I have calibrated the compass, and calibrated the gimbal on a flat surface.
I believe I have removed all the stickers since it had a big sticker behind the gimbal. Even after calibration, you may see in the video that the horizon is quite off. It's more noticeable with the grids that show on my iPad. Is this a problem that can be fixed at home or will I have to be without a drone for another 2 weeks because of a defective product?
Thank you to all who took the time to help me here.
DJI video here
Moving gimbal while off

Hello everyone. I've just received my care refresh Mavic 2 pro replacement today. I've been without it for about a week and a half and was excited to fly it today. Only for my keen eyes to sense, something was wrong with the way the gimbal operated entirely. During the first flight, I panned the aircraft left and right and noticed the gimbal doing a little bounce back after the AC stopped moving. When the drone is on the ground stationary, I try to use my finger to freely move the gimbal left and right but it seems to lock itself and it throws a gimbal motor overloaded warning. After it supposedly restarts the gimbal I am freely able to move the gimbal left and right but when flying, the gimbal doesn't respond to me trying to move it left and right, only happens infrequently. I also see a very minuscule jello effect that I have never encountered with my previous drones. Below I have attached the video I recorded on the second flight after I have calibrated the compass, and calibrated the gimbal on a flat surface.
I believe I have removed all the stickers since it had a big sticker behind the gimbal. Even after calibration, you may see in the video that the horizon is quite off. It's more noticeable with the grids that show on my iPad. Is this a problem that can be fixed at home or will I have to be without a drone for another 2 weeks because of a defective product?
Thank you to all who took the time to help me here.
DJI video here
Moving gimbal while off
The gimbal will naturally move to one position when you have it off because that is the center of balance for it. The jello and glitching when flying isn’t normal. I’d send it back.

The gimbal will naturally move to one position when you have it off because that is the center of balance for it. The jello and glitching when flying isn’t normal. I’d send it back.
Just spoke with DJI and they have created a case for me and even sent them the video to confirm. I'm just more worried that they will try to charge me another repair fee. I mentioned that I want them to know if this can fall under some warranty claim because the drone appears to be defective

Just spoke with DJI and they have created a case for me and even sent them the video to confirm. I'm just more worried that they will try to charge me another repair fee. I mentioned that I want them to know if this can fall under some warranty claim because the drone appears to be defective
if you contact and say it was just repaired and isnt working They are legally required to fix the issue. I think you have 14 days to send it back. This sounds like their fault and they should fix it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada