DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recommend a DJI drone with a zoom lens .....

Crow Horse

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I've barely started out in the world of drones and I've got bit really hard by the bug. I currently own 2 Mavic Airs and I'm really amazed at the quality of video from a reasonably priced (I bought them used) drone. A drone with a zoom lens would be awesome addition. What would you recommend in the sub $1500 category (used) and is it possible to find one at that price point. I realize that I won't be able to afford the current offerings so I understand that I won't be getting the latest and greatest. I have a feeling that I'll probably be looking at the $2000 price range......

Any pointers?

(Drooling over the M3).............

I've barely started out in the world of drones and I've got bit really hard by the bug. I currently own 2 Mavic Airs and I'm really amazed at the quality of video from a reasonably priced (I bought them used) drone. A drone with a zoom lens would be awesome addition. What would you recommend in the sub $1500 category (used) and is it possible to find one at that price point. I realize that I won't be able to afford the current offerings so I understand that I won't be getting the latest and greatest. I have a feeling that I'll probably be looking at the $2000 price range......

Any pointers?

The only DJI consumer drone with a zoom lens is the Mavic 2 Zoom

Attachments

• 989ECDCF-C201-47F1-9C61-96CDF9ADB256.png
    989ECDCF-C201-47F1-9C61-96CDF9ADB256.png
    337.2 KB · Views: 11
At your price point, the M2 zoom would be the choice.

If you want a small drone then Mavic Mini 2 is also a good addition. Uses Occusync 2.0 transmission technology same as Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. Tested it till 2.5 kms without signal lost. Level 5 wind resistance same as Mavic 2 Por/Zoom. Also has 4 x Digital Zoom. It is cheaper than Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom as it has only landing sensors and smaller in size where as Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom have all side sensors. Choice is yours...

I own a mavic 2 zoom and love it. It does not have the optical quality of a Pro, but my clients (general contractors, realtors, roofers, etc.) don't have an educated enough eye to know the difference. Plus, having the zoom feature has saved my bacon more than once. I bought it with its own dedicated controller and it has been no fuss, no muss since it came through my door.

Reactions: Norval
If you want a small drone then Mavic Mini 2 is also a good addition. Uses Occusync 2.0 transmission technology same as Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. Tested it till 2.5 kms without signal lost. Level 5 wind resistance same as Mavic 2 Por/Zoom. Also has 4 x Digital Zoom. It is cheaper than Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom as it has only landing sensors and smaller in size where as Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom have all side sensors. Choice is yours...
Big difference here would be the dreaded Fly app verses the tried and true Go4 app.

Reactions: Rana Jehanzeb
Reactions: Norval

Any pointers?

I recently purchased the Mavic 3 and absolutely love it. As long as you can justify the expenditure, you will not be sorry. I also upgraded to the RC Pro and although it wasn't cheap it is a huge improvement over the stock controller

Reactions: Richard R

Any pointers?

The Mavic 2 Zoom has an optical zoom and some digital zoom as well and works very well. They are several year old technology, but still very nice with good occusync range. I would think you could pick up a used one pretty reasonably priced. I have one, but I don't want to sell it 😕

Again, many thanks to everyone. It appears that my choice is pretty clear. I'm looking for a bargain for a M2Z and I might be able to find one at a "reasonable" price. I would love a M3 but that isn't going to happen at this stage.

Reactions: mereflyer
The M30 has a 16X zoom. It's only $10,000. Just sell you car!

I own a mavic 2 zoom and love it. It does not have the optical quality of a Pro, but my clients (general contractors, realtors, roofers, etc.) don't have an educated enough eye to know the difference. Plus, having the zoom feature has saved my bacon more than once. I bought it with its own dedicated controller and it has been no fuss, no muss since it came through my door.
I have one as well and agree with you. I am worried about batteries for it in a year. I was told in this forum that another DJI uses the same batteries. I would like to know which one.

I have one as well and agree with you. I am worried about batteries for it in a year. I was told in this forum that another DJI uses the same batteries. I would like to know which one.
Both the Mavic 2 Zoom & Mavic 2 Pro use the same batteries, and there's a lot of them out there. So I can't believe they'll stop supplying batteries any time soon. The Mavic 2 Enterprise is also the same I think, although I have never looked at one. I also have a Mavic 2 Zoom with the Smart Controller and love it, not even interested in the Mavic 3 whatsoever.

Thanks to everyone for educating me. I pulled the trigger on a used M2Z and I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair