DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recommendation for M2P ND filters

timgangloff

Reactions
I'm looking for recommendations for a Mavic 2 Pro filter set for doing hyperlapses, long exposures and more fluid video on sunny days at the beach in sunny Florida and my local lake. Have watched a fair number of YouTube videos and read reviews on Amazon. I'd rather spend a bit more and get a set that will allow me to grow as a videographer as I'm new to this area of photography Thanks.

I heard that Tiffen's fit the camera the best and Polar Pro come in second. The Tiffen's run about 150 where Best Buy has the Polar Pro for 100. Both are a set of six.

I got lucky and picked up a set of Tiffen's from a private seller on ebay who bought them and never took them out the package. He gave them to me for $75.00.

Reactions: timgangloff
I use the Polar Pro filters and like them -- they work well.

I would be interested in seeing a comparison with the Tiffen filters though. However, I'm guessing they're both pretty good.

I haven't heard any comments about the PP having a bad fit. They snap in just like the factory lens filter for me.

Chris

Reactions: timgangloff
My PP NDs and NDPLs work very well, but are costly. Most of the time I use a Freewell variable ND if I only need ND. The latter is much quicker, and, while filter settings are marked, they allow infinite adjustment of the filter between recognized settings.

My PP NDs and NDPLs work very well, but are costly. Most of the time I use a Freewell variable ND if I only need ND. The latter is much quicker, and, while filter settings are marked, they allow infinite adjustment of the filter between recognized settings.

Hello Douglas, how are you?
I'm also thinking about getting one of these variable Freewell ND filters ... what are you thinking? Did you buy the pair? Or just one? I saw that they sell one that goes from 4 to 32 and another from 32 to 256 (I think ...).
Which do you think is best for moving photos?
Just like a hobby, nothing professional ...
Thank you for your attention...
B. Regards

Hello Douglas, how are you?
I'm also thinking about getting one of these variable Freewell ND filters ... what are you thinking? Did you buy the pair? Or just one? I saw that they sell one that goes from 4 to 32 and another from 32 to 256 (I think ...).
Which do you think is best for moving photos?
Just like a hobby, nothing professional ...
Thank you for your attention...
B. Regards
Mine came as a set including both for about $50 USD

Reactions: RODRIGO_JAÚ

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki