DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recommendations for Portugal

Tbredhed

Reactions
I'm going to be in Portugal in late March and will be taking my mpp with me. We will be starting in Lisbon, spending a few days in the south around Faro, back to Lisbon then riding bikes up to Porto. Would appreciate any recommendations of good places to fly and get some good scenery videos.
Thanks in advance

I'm going to be in Portugal in late March and will be taking my mpp with me. We will be starting in Lisbon, spending a few days in the south around Faro, back to Lisbon then riding bikes up to Porto. Would appreciate any recommendations of good places to fly and get some good scenery videos.
Thanks in advance

Wherever you go, make sure to follow the rules so you can know where to fly

Use this app:

https://itunes.apple.com/pt/app/voa-na-boa/id1233617559?mt=8

I flew around from Faro and a bit up on the west coast for 3 weeks last summer. It hasn't gone on air yet (scheduled to start this Friday) yet so I can't show video, but I've got some stills:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Most of these places are around Faro, the red coast with the large desert-ish beach is on the west coast (and visible from Google Earth), the flat white cliffs is the south-western tip.

Be aware of strong winds along the coast. I flew my Mavic through the cave in the last image for the intro of the show. Do that at your own risk.

I needed a shitload of permissions and nearly got into a brawl with some dude who threw stones after my drone. Fly with caution.

Portugal October 2017

In this video:
  • Porto Ribeira
  • Nossa Senhora do Minho
  • Ponte do Lima
  • Aveiro Canal
  • Bom Jesus do Monte (Braga)

Have fun!

Useful link for flying drones in Portugal: Perguntas Frequentes

It is in Portuguese, use Google translate if you don't speak the language :)

Last edited:
Portugal October 2017

In this video:
  • Porto Ribeira
  • Nossa Senhora do Minho
  • Ponte do Lima
  • Aveiro Canal
  • Bom Jesus do Monte (Braga)

Have fun!

It is in Portuguese, use Google translate if you don't speak the language :)
There is another thread that has started about Portugal and one poster is saying that you need permission to film. Did you require permission?

There is another thread that has started about Portugal and one poster is saying that you need permission to film. Did you require permission?

It is in Portuguese, use Google translate if you don't speak the language

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard