DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Record, Playback, Export Settings- Mavic Air

RS78DRONIE

Reactions
I'm currently shooting video on my Mavic Air in 4k mode, and then I import to my MAC, to edit in Final Cut. Then after editing, I upload to YouTube in 4k and then picture quality on playback isnt that great. I have a Sony 4k TV that normally has great picture quality. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Please let me know your video record settings on your Mavic Air. Thanks.

If you're basing your disappointment on the YT 4K rendering, I wouldn't trust on that. Besides, it takes time for YT to fully "digest" uploaded videos.

How is the original recording directly from the Air before editing?
How is it after editing before uploading?

YouTube actually makes multiple versions of your upload, each for different streaming conditions e.g. download speeds. Before it plays anything, it does a quick check of the connection speed, and selects the stream that will most likely play at that speed without pausing. Depending on which stream is selected, the results range from almost ok to really awful. No technical evaluation can be done accurately from YouTube images. Only SD card files copied to your computer retain full quality.

All YouTube comparisons are largely invalid for this reason. Most camera original runs at 100 Mbps. Fast streaming runs at 20 Mbps max, a reduction of data of 80%. Consider it a miracle that it looks as good as it does.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eseex