DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

record to sd card

wytnyt

Reactions
how do you get the mavic to record to the phones sd card?...im using the wunder phone.
thx

My MPP is recording to the 64gb card in my Wunderphone. In settings on phone set default storage to SD card. It's that simple

You can record at a max of 1080p to your device, the bitrate is quite low, the onboard recording is much better.
All that data has to be transmitted over wifi alongside control inputs.

My MPP is recording to the 64gb card in my Wunderphone. In settings on phone set default storage to SD card. It's that simple

i set it to the sd card,opened go4 and it installed a resource file,does this mean its running go4 from the sdcard?,if so,is running the app and also recording to the card too much for flying the Mavic?

Last edited:
i set it to the sd card,opened go4 and it installed a resource file,does this meant its running go4 from the sdcard?,if so,is running the app and also recording to the card too much for flying the Mavic?

Mine did the same thing and I fly and record with no lag. Phone shows the app is installed on internal storage but I think the resource file goes to the SD card.

Reactions: wytnyt
Mine did the same thing and I fly and record with no lag. Phone shows the app is installed on internal storage but I think the resource file goes to the SD card.
since it ran another resource file to me that would seem the sd card is doing it all,i also looked at the sd card and djigo4 files are on the card.

since it ran another resource file to me that would seem the sd card is doing it all,i also looked at the sd card and djigo4 files are on the card.

When I go under app info DJI Go 4 says "382 MB used of internal storage". I remember the resource file auto reinstalling after I switched primary storage to the SD card. In any event my Wunderphone works flawless so I'm not changing anything. I think my SD card is the fastest speed available.

I plugged in my phone and I can confirm that flight data, photos and videos from the DJI Go 4 app are being stored on my SD card.

The DJI folders are also installed on the internal storage of my phone.

Not sure if it would be better to switch primary storage to SD before installing the app buy mine is working perfect so I'm not messing with it.

Last edited:
I just uninstalled an app that I installed yesterday. It was on the internal storage. So I'm pretty sure the DJI Go 4 app is running off internal storage. I'm not sure it's possible to install apps on the SD card. The DJI Go 4 data is definitely being saved to the internal storage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aab