DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recorded videos from mini se on dji fly got randomly deleted

noahzho

Reactions
Hi, so I was flying around my new dji mini se, which i got couple of days ago (without the sd card, was recording to my phone), and recorded them all. Went back to check my 3rd or 4th last recording which was about 20 minutes long, and it wasn't there. Looks like the app deleted them or something, would I be able to recover them? thanks
(using an android btw, dji fly latest version)

If you maxed out your cache in the app, this would explain why your latest videos did not record. You should have received a warning from the app telling you that you have reached your max storage. This is set in the app under the camera setting.
The cached videos are the ones recorded to your phone.
To bad you did not have a SD card in the drone. You may have had a much better quality file to import for post.
42FB9197-96CF-4FA5-BBBC-A154C9683196.jpeg

If you maxed out your cache in the app, this would explain why your latest videos did not record. You should have received a warning from the app telling you that you have reached your max storage. This is set in the app under the camera setting.
The cached videos are the ones recorded to your phone.
To bad you did not have a SD card in the drone. You may have had a much better quality file to import for post.
View attachment 148388
Oh, i didnt get a warning, rip. Any way I can recover a video that got deleted automatically? is there like a recently deleted place?

Oh, i didnt get a warning, rip. Any way I can recover a video that got deleted automatically? is there like a recently deleted place?
Unfortunately no. Once it’s overwritten, there is no recovery.
Another good reason to have a SD Card installed.
Also keep in mind that in older versions of the fly app the videos don’t record anymore after max cache in the app unless you set it to auto. Auto will allow the app to overwrite or delete files.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spitspin