DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recording sound while video recording/flying the Mavic 3?

Norval

Reactions
I come from 3 years flying the Mavic 2 Zoom. While the drone is flying and recording video, you can record your voice to your video to narrate the action.
Does the Mavic 3 has this option ?

Last edited:
I come from 3 years flying the Mavic 2 Zoom. While the drone is flying and recording video, you can record your voice to your video to narrate the action.
Does the Mavic 3 has this option ?
It seems to me that I would definitely not want the noise of the drone in my video if I am filming a tranquil scene. Rather, I can add voice, ambient sounds such as crickets, water, waterfalls, ocean waves, crashing waves, etc. from a vast library on You Tube. I record directly from YouTube with the voice function of my phone and send it to my iMAC with Air Drop. I can use virtually any sounds in the world, including those I am recording either during or after I fly. I often will stop and record sounds after I complete my flying.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: Norval
It seems to me that I would definitely not want the noise of the drone in my video if I am filming a tranquil scene. Rather, I can add voice, ambient sounds such as crickets, water, waterfalls, ocean waves, crashing waves, etc. from a vast library on You Tube. I record directly from YouTube with the voice function of my phone and send it to my iMAC with Air Drop. I can use virtually any sounds in the world, including those I am recording either during or after I fly. I often will stop and record sounds after I complete my flying.

Dale
Miami
The idea would be to be able to record and narrate the video you are taking, which you can always change or edit in the DJI editor. But for some of us, not being able to narrate or tell the tale of the video….not good…
Doing it later is always a possibility, but not practical.

The idea would be to be able to record and narrate the video you are taking, which you can always change or edit in the DJI editor. But for some of us, not being able to narrate or tell the tale of the video….not good…
Doing it later is always a possibility, but not practical.
Recording voice from the filed will be accompanied by wind, unwanted noises (car horns, etc.). Best controlled at your silent desk and computer when you can read from a script.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Is very easy. Just record the video with your cell phone, tablet, go pro, or any device. as soon as you take off with your drone, go in front of the camera and clap with your hands to record the clap audio and clap video in order to synchronize the audio and video. Do your flight and the narrative on your devices.

In post-production, just extract the audio from your narrative (you may want even the video) and synchronize the audio with the drone footage.

This can be done in your favorite video editor. I use Adobe Premiere Pro and Davinci Resolve 17.

As an alternative, you can just record the audio on top of the drone video in post-production as well. I don't like it because will don't have any background noise, will have a studio audio clean audio and you will need to add artificial nature noises.

I hope this help you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest