DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recreate mission w/waypoints?

itallica said:
Is it possible with dronelink or maven to recreate a mission I flew manual yesterday?
Italica,
SRT files only contain long, lat, and altitude data, and are mostly intended for camera settings. Missing is the heading, gimbal pitch, speed, etc. It is better to use the CSV file that can be easily downloaded from Airdata web site. Using that CSV file, import it into a database, parse the data filtering into far less rows (waypoints), then import into Litchi mission (which can then be exported to Maven now, but I just use Litchi to fly it).

Here is what I did:
  1. make sure your flight app syncs with airdata
  2. After flight and syncs, go into Airdata and download CSV
  3. Import csv into a database (I always name it the same and have a preconfigured linked file setup in access)
  4. Create a query that matches the required format of Litchi csv output (This is the only difficult part, but the select statement is below)
  5. Export the query results to an excel file, then finally from excel export to csv (this double export is needed because Access doesn't support the same csv format needed by Litchi, and excel does.
  6. From Litchi, import csv file into new mission.
I know this sounds complicated, but once it is setup it is an easy 5 step process to do without any further tweaking. Worst thing is you need a PC to run MS Access (I run it under Parallels on my MacBook).

As promised, here is the SQL SELECT statement (from MS Access, but should work for most SQL species with little changes in formatting and iif statements):

[B]SELECT[/B] airdatatolitchisource.latitude, airdatatolitchisource.longitude, airdatatolitchisource.[height_above_takeoff(feet)] AS [altitude(ft)], Format([gimbal_heading(degrees)], "#") AS [heading(deg)], 0 AS [curvesize(ft)], 0 AS rotationdir, 2 AS gimbalmode, airdatatolitchisource.[gimbal_pitch(degrees)] AS gimbalpitchangle, -1 AS actiontype1, 0 AS actionparam1, -1 AS actiontype2, 0 AS actionparam2, -1 AS actiontype3, 0 AS actionparam3, -1 AS actiontype4, 0 AS actionparam4, -1 AS actiontype5, 0 AS actionparam5, -1 AS actiontype6, 0 AS actionparam6, -1 AS actiontype7, 0 AS actionparam7, -1 AS actiontype8, 0 AS actionparam8, -1 AS actiontype9, 0 AS actionparam9, -1 AS actiontype10, 0 AS actionparam10, -1 AS actiontype11, 0 AS actionparam11, -1 AS actiontype12, 0 AS actionparam12, -1 AS actiontype13, 0 AS actionparam13, -1 AS actiontype14, 0 AS actionparam14, -1 AS actiontype15, 0 AS actionparam15, 1 AS altitudemode, Iif([speed(mph)] < 1, 0, Format([speed(mph)] / 2.237, "#.#")) AS [speed(m/s)] [B]FROM[/B] [B]airdatatolitchisource[/B] [B]WHERE[/B] (( ( airdatatolitchisource.[time(millisecond)] ) = 1 )) OR (( ( [time(millisecond)] MOD 10000 ) = 0 ));

You need to name your imported CSV database to "airdatatolitchisource" for this select statement to work

Since Litchi and Maven are limited to 99 waypoints on a mission (not a bad thing), the WHERE clause in my case is a simple MOD function that filters all but the first row and every subsequent 100th row (every 10 seconds) for each waypoint. This allows for a maximum of a 16 minute flight that can be imported.

Reactions: AZDave
Italica,
SRT files only contain long, lat, and altitude data, and are mostly intended for camera settings. Missing is the heading, gimbal pitch, speed, etc. It is better to use the CSV file that can be easily downloaded from Airdata web site. Using that CSV file, import it into a database, parse the data filtering into far less rows (waypoints), then import into Litchi mission (which can then be exported to Maven now, but I just use Litchi to fly it).

Here is what I did:
  1. make sure your flight app syncs with airdata
  2. After flight and syncs, go into Airdata and download CSV
  3. Import csv into a database (I always name it the same and have a preconfigured linked file setup in access)
  4. Create a query that matches the required format of Litchi csv output (This is the only difficult part, but the select statement is below)
  5. Export the query results to an excel file, then finally from excel export to csv (this double export is needed because Access doesn't support the same csv format needed by Litchi, and excel does.
  6. From Litchi, import csv file into new mission.
I know this sounds complicated, but once it is setup it is an easy 5 step process to do without any further tweaking. Worst thing is you need a PC to run MS Access (I run it under Parallels on my MacBook).

As promised, here is the SQL SELECT statement (from MS Access, but should work for most SQL species with little changes in formatting and iif statements):

[B]SELECT[/B] airdatatolitchisource.latitude, airdatatolitchisource.longitude, airdatatolitchisource.[height_above_takeoff(feet)] AS [altitude(ft)], Format([gimbal_heading(degrees)], "#") AS [heading(deg)], 0 AS [curvesize(ft)], 0 AS rotationdir, 2 AS gimbalmode, airdatatolitchisource.[gimbal_pitch(degrees)] AS gimbalpitchangle, -1 AS actiontype1, 0 AS actionparam1, -1 AS actiontype2, 0 AS actionparam2, -1 AS actiontype3, 0 AS actionparam3, -1 AS actiontype4, 0 AS actionparam4, -1 AS actiontype5, 0 AS actionparam5, -1 AS actiontype6, 0 AS actionparam6, -1 AS actiontype7, 0 AS actionparam7, -1 AS actiontype8, 0 AS actionparam8, -1 AS actiontype9, 0 AS actionparam9, -1 AS actiontype10, 0 AS actionparam10, -1 AS actiontype11, 0 AS actionparam11, -1 AS actiontype12, 0 AS actionparam12, -1 AS actiontype13, 0 AS actionparam13, -1 AS actiontype14, 0 AS actionparam14, -1 AS actiontype15, 0 AS actionparam15, 1 AS altitudemode, Iif([speed(mph)] < 1, 0, Format([speed(mph)] / 2.237, "#.#")) AS [speed(m/s)] [B]FROM[/B] [B]airdatatolitchisource[/B] [B]WHERE[/B] (( ( airdatatolitchisource.[time(millisecond)] ) = 1 )) OR (( ( [time(millisecond)] MOD 10000 ) = 0 ));

You need to name your imported CSV database to "airdatatolitchisource" for this select statement to work

Since Litchi and Maven are limited to 99 waypoints on a mission (not a bad thing), the WHERE clause in my case is a simple MOD function that filters all but the first row and every subsequent 100th row (every 10 seconds) for each waypoint. This allows for a maximum of a 16 minute flight that can be imported.

That's impressive!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom