DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recreational drone rules in Tahiti

Robert S

Reactions
Hi.

Could somebody "in the know" let me know what the rules are for recreational drone flying in Tahiti? We're going there in July. I've got an old Mavic Platinum (734g). Do I need third party insurance? Will most travel insurance policies cover this? If not, where can I get this?

My searches so far seem to have yielded a variety of responses.

Thanks in advance.

Hi.

Could somebody "in the know" let me know what the rules are for recreational drone flying in Tahiti? We're going there in July. I've got an old Mavic Platinum (734g). Do I need third party insurance? Will most travel insurance policies cover this? If not, where can I get this?

My searches so far seem to have yielded a variety of responses.

Thanks in advance.
Have you checked the internet or Googled it? Check YouTube they may have some drone videos of the location you are going to. Then you may be able to contact the pilot.Keep checking you don’t want to break local laws and loose your drone.

Last edited:
I assume that these rules hold: French Polynesia Drone Laws - it doesn't look like a licence is needed.

Can somebody enlighen me on insurance (I live in Australia)? Searches have always led to a blank, except that IRDA used to have an international policy (they didn't seem to isse a PDS).

Last edited:
I'm planning to go by this French Polynesia Drone Laws - it's pretty simple except I don't quite know how you're supposed to get third party insurance for a drone for recreational use. I haven't studied my travel insurance policy yet. Maybe that covers it. Otherwise it's just going to be a matter of being sensible and avoiding any situation which could arise in a claim.

Reactions: OlivAde

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas