DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red arrow on map wrong direction

mike55

Reactions
Hi everybody,
, could you please help me understand what is wrong to my Mavic pro and how to fix it?the red arrow on the map do not indicate the actual direction of the drone..No alert or wathsoever.thanks and really hope in your help.regards.Michele

Reactions: gope_73
Hi everybody,
, could you please help me understand what is wrong to my Mavic pro and how to fix it?the red arrow on the map do not indicate the actual direction of the drone..No alert or wathsoever.thanks and really hope in your help.regards.Michele
When controller and drone booted and ready to take off, go to settings, calibrate compass. This takes only a few seconds.

You are not alone mike55

I have always found the direction indicator in the radar box to be an erratic feature.
I have used a Mavic Pro, Mavic 2, different devices for screen & now a smart Controller.
Regardless of if I do a compass calibration the arrow it is still hit or miss if it point in the correct direction.
Even in THIS YouTube tutorial he states it can error, but it’s worth a look

You need to calibrate the compass on your PHONE.
Hold your phone horizontally and do a figure 8.
or get a compass app and do a calibrate compass through that app.
I

Reactions: Capt KO
I have the same issue with my MP2 Zoom. The fix for me is to reverse the position of my iPhone so that the lightning connector is at the RH side of the controller instead of the more usual LH side. This prevents interference between the two. I always use the controller central USB port to connect to my phone instead of the LH side micro USB so cabling is no problem.

I have the same issue with my MP2 Zoom. The fix for me is to reverse the position of my iPhone so that the lightning connector is at the RH side of the controller instead of the more usual LH side. This prevents interference between the two. I always use the controller central USB port to connect to my phone instead of the LH side micro USB so cabling is no problem.
I've just started to have issues flying with my iPad mini 4. Calibrating the ipad has helped but not eliminated the issue. I'll have to try this to see if it helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet