DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

red-tail hawk

I put reflector tape on mine & have accented the vision cameras by painting front & rear covers bright orange. Makes it look like it's got big eyes :) The reflector tape I have punched out at 3/4". Have one on top & bottom. Also some strips on the back of the rear motors. Her name is Dart ... because she looks like a Poisonous Dart Frog :D

Attachments

• 20220126_141257r.jpg
    20220126_141257r.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • 20220119_143526r.jpg
    20220119_143526r.jpg
    1,008.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220122_112622 (002)r.jpg
    20220122_112622 (002)r.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 3
You are correct.

Most hawks and especially Red Tailed Hawks are solitary until they are a mated pair. From that point they are paired for life but they don't hunt in pairs. When they have eggs they take turns hunting and nesting but they still don't hunt paired.

@BlairAir those look VERY much like Crows and crows do have a low raspy call and are VERY social and very VOCAL.
We have hawks that are in pairs. They fly together and perch together looking around. Any ideas what they are?

Attachments

• Hawk0316.jpeg
    Hawk0316.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 3
We have hawks that are in pairs. They fly together and perch together looking around. Any ideas what they are?

Red-tailed Hawk. They often hunt in pairs, sometimes with one bird flushing game for the other.

Thanks when they're flying around nearby, time to land. Beautiful birds of prey.

Nice Attack or a close pass? Did he approach the drone more than once?

Where is this? U.S? Thanks for posting it.
It was an attack. It was eagle.
This is a vulture. He's not attacking, he is just curious.

Very nice. Looks like a young Turkey Vulture.

I'm curious about how that eagle behaved. I've seen as many as five in a morning at one place I fly, but haven't yet crossed paths with one when I had the drone up. Did the eagle make multiple passes at your drone? Extend his talons? Make contact?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh