DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red when zone when it's not....

Deac1234

Reactions
Good morning...

I suspect this may have been covered before as it can't be just me.....

I live near an untowered airport, about 2.6 miles away and not in it's fight path. I can fly by simply accepting the 'warning when it pops up.

If I move slightly closer to the airport, still outside of it's flightpath but less than 2 miles, the drone won't launch, saying I am in a no fly zone! EVERY app I have says I can 'go fly'. Including Fly Safe, Kittyhawk etc. They all show I am still within the same enhanced warning zone as I am at home. No option to 'unliock' the drone is given . Both the DJI and Litchi app respond the same.

If this is an error is there someplace I can report it? Dji? Do they even care?

I've included a screen capture from the Flysafe app... (the little blue dot near 14 mile '1 ' is where I am attempting to launch from)

Thoughts and advice appreciated...

I'm still fairly new to this so take pity on my 'ignorance..

Attachments

• oakland flightpath_1.jpg
    oakland flightpath_1.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Good morning...

I suspect this may have been covered before as it can't be just me.....

I live near an untowered airport, about 2.6 miles away and not in it's fight path. I can fly by simply accepting the 'warning when it pops up.

If I move slightly closer to the airport, still outside of it's flightpath but less than 2 miles, the drone won't launch, saying I am in a no fly zone! EVERY app I have says I can 'go fly'. Including Fly Safe, Kittyhawk etc. They all show I am still within the same enhanced warning zone as I am at home. No option to 'unliock' the drone is given . Both the DJI and Litchi app respond the same.

If this is an error is there someplace I can report it? Dji? Do they even care?

I've included a screen capture from the Flysafe app... (the little blue dot near 14 mile '1 ' is where I am attempting to launch from)

Thoughts and advice appreciated...

I'm still fairly new to this so take pity on my 'ignorance..

There's no obvious explanation on the sectional chart for VLL.

VLL.jpg

Download the Detroit sectional:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada