DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Refresh and warranty - good experience

JJ-Norfolk

Reactions
My MP arrived in early June. I had time for a few successful, short flights the evening it arrived. The following morning I started it up, took off, let it hover and then, without me touching anything it flew off at increasing speed and hit a brick wall 50m away. Badly damaged. Gutted, I was at least thankful I had bought Refresh online the previous evening so I contacted DJI helpline here in the UK. I said I presumed somehow I must have done something wrong but had no idea what. They told me to send it in. Like others have found, the packing label never arrived so the return was delayed for a week while I chased it up (DJI finally created one manually and sent met a link for it). I returned the remote too to let them analyse the flight data. I expected I would have to pay for the replacement under Refresh - after all, that was how I had sent it in. But two weeks later I received an email which described the fault as a compass error and that it would be replaced as a warranty repair. A few days later I received a new MP.

Without the delay in getting the label the repair/replacement turnaround would have been only 17 days. Subsequently, I have seen how to look at the flight myself and can see the the MP went flying off without either stick being touched. I'm pleased that DJI had the decency to acknowledge that the crash was not pilot error.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky