DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Refresh or keep flying

RDHarris

Reactions
Major pilot error. I clipped a tree and sent the Mini into the ground. Luckily it wasn't pavement..but it was still hard. The gimbal seems fine and the drone still flies without any vibration or strange noise. Fortunately, I bought DJI Refresh. The question is whether to send it now in or just keep flying in order to eliminate future pilot errors. The Mini has a slight crack on one arm near the motor, which makes the landing leg crooked. It also has a puncture wound on the top and the power button is wonky. Thoughts?

Attachments

• received_311931470081072.jpeg
    received_311931470081072.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 47
  • received_3474315059285919.jpeg
    received_3474315059285919.jpeg
    34.1 KB · Views: 48
  • received_691838054750523.jpeg
    received_691838054750523.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 50
I would say refresh now, flying with the damage, especially the motor, could lead to a crash that could injure someone. The airworthiness of the drone is questionable at best and more likely compromised.
Aside from that, it might go down where you can not find it or recover it and then you are, I believe, in difficulties with the care refresh.
DJI Care Refresh questions

It really depends your level of acceptable risk. For me, I would’ve sent it back immediately. The time that you spend without your drone will help you eliminate future pilot errors, as you ponder this one.

have to agree with the other two posts ,the airframe is compromised ,use the refresh thats what its for

If you didn't have refresh, I'd just suggest that you put some epoxy on the leg/engine crack to secure it, and the "puncture" to keep moisture out - and continue on!

But, with Refresh, you'll have a refurb drone and be all set. That's what it's for!

Reactions: RDHarris
Tough call. The thing that bothers me the most is the crack in the arm. It could lead to unexpected behavior at the most inopportune time!
If you lose the drone, you're out of luck.

I had a crash with damage to the U-shaped gimbal mount. It was awful tempting to try and fix it myself. It seemed like a bit of super glue would have held. But, I used one of my refresh's and returned it. Turn around was quick! About a week. To me, it was worth it.

Reactions: RDHarris

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milixa9705