DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Refreshed Mini crash

NorVegan

Reactions
Received refreshed Mini on Friday.
I set it up checking all software and upgraded, then calibration of compass and IMU. Take off in my driveway ....zero wind. At 5 ft hover with no stick the unit was very unstable. Both stick down and in immediately... landed.
IMU and compass calibration again. Both pass as normal. Tried to lift off to hover at auto take off height. The unit lost control again and flipped as I tried both sticks down and in again.
result? Damaged props and scratched aircraft. Hopefully DJI support will be able to dump the log and understand this was beyond my control.
Any advise?

Maybe you didn’t have enough satellites and doing both sticks down and in kills the motors. Just left stick down lowers it.

As above never CSC (Combined Stick Command) in flight, that is emergency engine kill. So if what your describing is correct, you applied kill command in flight...thus Pilot error. Logs will confirm that. CSC can start motors, but after that the proper procedure to land is left stick center, down, hold for motor kill at landing. The manual says that after you land you can use it (CSC), and you can, but is ill advised.

CSC can be set in App to not allow you to do what you did, but unsure where it is default.
'
Ref. Page 38 & 39 owners manual.

Last edited:
Reactions: EyesWideShut
No pilot error. First flight I attempted to land first but Mini continued non responsive. First IMU cal was on my dining room table made of glass and wood. Second was on concrete.
The last unit I had never experience this issue from the same spot.
the reason for my replacement ? Bird hit it. Not being argumentative but when the unit is no responsive both sticks down is the correct to kill the motors. Funny thing was it didn’t kill the motors. I grabbed it and flipped it over.
I should’ve known better than to not tell the entire events.

So apparently I did miss that the controller itself should be calibrated after a refresh.
mall working with new props.
thanks for comments anyway.

Reactions: colorado kid
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB