DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Refreshing Mavic 2 batteries with Hanatora charger for better performance )?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
My Mavic 2 Pro is now 14 months old. I didn't fly it very much during COVID or adjacent winters. Now my perception is that I'm not getting the flight times per batter that I did a year ago. I do have a Hanatora battery charger that I know has some discharge and storage features.

Is there anything I can do to refresh and improve the performance of my batteries?

No unfortunately, aging & wear/use will decrease the total capacity of the battery ... nothing you can do about it, all LiPo batteries will go down this route. You can slow this capacity decrease down by keeping your batteries at storage voltage as long as possible (3,7-3,8v/cell) ... meaning return them to this storage cell voltage as soon as they have cooled down after use & not keeping them fully charged longer than 48h. Never possible to "restore" lost capacity ...

When it comes to your Hanatora charger ... start to use that storage mode (will charge or discharge to approx 50%=3,7-3,8v/cell) after you have used the batteries ... but also if you fully charged them but the flight opportunity didn't came ... after max 48h, you bring the batteries down to storage voltage with that mode.

The 0% discharge will not give you anything but a wasted charge cycle ... a full 0% discharge was useful in the past when the BMS in the batteries needed calibration from time to time, not necessary nowadays .

My Mavic 2 Pro is now 14 months old. I didn't fly it very much during COVID or adjacent winters. Now my perception is that I'm not getting the flight times per batter that I did a year ago. I do have a Hanatora battery charger that I know has some discharge and storage features.

Is there anything I can do to refresh and improve the performance of my batteries?
Seems nature of beast as @slup explained. My Air2 batteries are slowly losing flight time and I have under 100 hours across 3 batteries. I don't keep them on the charger all the time, as never know when I will or will not fly; but will charge them when I think I will. If I don't they may sit for a few days before the urge to fly and weather permitting comes together - I'll charge right before I'm going out or take the charger with me and hook up to the 110 volt socket in my 4Runner to charge on the way to the fly location. Even if you don't have a regular socket in your vehicle - they do make chargers that plug into USB / old lighter socket to convert over; but it's a slower charge.

Reactions: pchaps and Droniac
I have a similar charger/discharger to the Hanatora. If I charged the night before and then found I couldn't fly due to weather changes or calendar changes, I will discharge the batteries to the storage level that day, unless I am absolutely certain I will fly the next day.

Probably tending towards overly cautious but given the cost of M2P batteries, I feel my practice is worth the effort.

• Love
Reactions: pchaps and Droniac
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada