DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Refurbished MP Batteries??

Drgnfli

Reactions
I've read a few posts where droners have had bad luck with refurbished MP batteries. I realize this forum is where flyers come to complain but has anyone had good luck with "refurbished" batteries? While on the subject, how do you "refurbish" an MP battery?

i would imagine that DJI change the lipo pack in the battery and then check all is well

Since the case is welded shut taking the cells out destroys it, so it's probably the opposite where a scruffy looking used pack that still passes electrical tests gets a new case.

i was thinking more on the lines of a new case with a new cell pack+ the electronic components from the original battery the case just holds everything in place and is easy to replace that would be my defo of refurbished

I was thinking there might be some special "electrical" stimulus to rejuvenate the LiPo batts or something like that...? ?

two things not to skimp on with the UAV are batteries and props they are much cheaper to replace than the whole UAV

two things not to skimp on with the UAV are batteries and props they are much cheaper to replace than the whole UAV

So you are saying that refurbished batts are not worth the money??? That is what I am trying to get from this UAV community...???

Your starting point should perhaps be the fact that it seems DJI don’t sell a refurbished battery seperate. You can get a refurbished drone with battery. From what has been officially said by DJI refurbished drones are those that have been returned during the original grace period after sale and offered for resale after testing.

You can’t buy a “refurbished battery” from DJI. There is nothing to suggest DJI rebuilds or otherwise repairs faulty batteries for resale.

The sources you are referring to could only be third party sellers and I would proceed with caution.

Reactions: old man mavic
So you are saying that refurbished batts are not worth the money??? That is what I am trying to get from this UAV community...???
personally i would not use anything but a new genuine DJI battery in my mavic and i could not in all honesty recommend anything else

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tydoan84