DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Refurbishing propeller blades?

You do indeed remember correctly. The further from the hub the mass is the bigger effect it has on balancing. A small mass at the prop tip puts it out of balance as much as a much bigger mass near the hub.
when doing fan balancing you have to get the "moment weight" of the blade correct. That is why when changing a damaged blade ( that is not the same moment weight) you often change opposing blade with one of the same moment weight. By doing this you dont need to do a fan rebalance.
for small nicks I would suggesst a minute drop of super glue to stop the crack propergating. IMO if there is a bit od unbalance it is not going to cause the drone to crash but most likely cause vibration which may affect the camera. Better still lash out on a new set.

This post begs the question; how often should we be changing out our props just to remain on the “safe side”?

No damage = no changing
Any damage = automatic changing

Not worth the risk :)

Well I think we are all abit over concerned with a bit of balde damage. It all comes down to where and how much damage there is. As a general rule the closer to the root of the blade the more critical it is. This is the MM of a CFM56. If any one want the limits for a particular area let me know
IMG_2719.jpg

Reactions: macik
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada