DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registered my Air 2S but I think I messed up :(

JamesJB

Reactions
Hi I Registered my Air 2S with the FAA 6-10-2022 but I did it under Part 107 by mistake :(

I paid the $5 for the Registration. I got a Registration Number.

Well thinking I messed up I registered under Recreational Flyer but it didn't give me a Registration number like FA*** like I got with the Part 107.

I just don't want to get in trouble so do I need to contact them some how or am I fine?

You can fly drones that are registered under Part 107 recreationally, but not the other way around. So, you're ok to fly either way.

You can fly drones that are registered under Part 107 recreationally, but not the other way around. So, you're ok to fly either way.
So even though I don't have my Part 107 yet its still ok?

Also I noticed they have a thing where they ask if my drone has Remote ID,should I put it as yes? I just recently heard that my Air 2S has Remote ID built in.

I brought the Drone on Jun 10, 2022

Log back into your 107 dashboard in your Drone Zone account. Check your inventory. That will tell you if you registered it under 107.

You can fly 107 registered drones under 44809 but not 44809 registered drones under 107. And don't worry about RID at the moment. You have until 9.16.23 to do that.

Log back into your 107 dashboard in your Drone Zone account. Check your inventory. That will tell you if you registered it under 107.

You can fly 107 registered drones under 44809 but not 44809 registered drones under 107. And don't worry about RID at the moment. You have until 9.16.23 to do that.
Yea it does say it;

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Last edited:
Reactions: aerialnorthwest
So even though I don't have my Part 107 yet its still ok?

Also I noticed they have a thing where they ask if my drone has Remote ID,should I put it as yes? I just recently heard that my Air 2S has Remote ID built in.

I brought the Drone on Jun 10, 2022
Yes, it is built in. It will only be active if you have the later firmware. I can not recall which one activates it.

Yes, it is built in. It will only be active if you have the later firmware. I can not recall which one activates it.
2190 is the last one before rid. It's also the last one that you can downgrade or rollback from at the moment.

2320 adds/enables RID and cannot be downgraded.

Reactions: CaseyK
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas