DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registration process to fly drone in Italy

RCFlyer

Reactions
We are going to northern part of Italy next month and I would like to take my mini 2.
I have searched and read other forum entries but still am having trouble figuring out what needs to be done to register to fly in Italy (possibly visiting France and Switzerland too but not definite). I started at the EASA site which pointed me to the d-flight site. Not sure if it would get me where I need to be so I then tried to sign up there but the form asks a bunch of questions including TIN, taxpayer I'd.
So asking if anyone who has successfully registered already could lay out the steps (and links if possible) that would be so helpful.
Thanks,
Craig

Last edited:
Reactions: PixelMagic
I am attaching links to drone flying regs in the EU, which then refers to the specific rules in Italy (also link attached).

Drone Laws in EU (see specifics for Italy)

Drone laws in Italy
Thank you @vindibona, but I have already gone through the laws. I need to register as an operator because my <250 g drone has a camera and the process is very convoluted as to how to do it. So I'm looking for direction on the registration process itself.

Hello

you have to go to AlphaTango to register to create an operator account, to enter everything you're asked to enter. you just have to put your operator number on the drone, that's all for the under 250g. The site is also in English at the bottom of the entry page.

A+patc45 from France

Hello

you have to go to AlphaTango to register to create an operator account, to enter everything you're asked to enter. you just have to put your operator number on the drone, that's all for the under 250g. The site is also in English at the bottom of the entry page.

A+patc45 from France
Does the French registration require a passport number? I am almost ready to register on d-flight.it but it is asking for my passport number.
Also, any suggestions for getting insurance?

I am also having trouble finding the link to register in Italy. Alpha Tango is for France. Do you have a direct link for the Italian application?
Barbara
We are going to northern part of Italy next month and I would like to take my mini 2.
I have searched and read other forum entries but still am having trouble figuring out what needs to be done to register to fly in Italy (possibly visiting France and Switzerland too but not definite). I started at the EASA site which pointed me to the d-flight site. Not sure if it would get me where I need to be so I then tried to sign up there but the form asks a bunch of questions including TIN, taxpayer I'd.
So asking if anyone who has successfully registered already could lay out the steps (and links if possible) that would be so helpful.
Thanks,
Craig
Craig,
Can you help me by directing me to the Italian site.

According to the websites listed above,
"
  • The drone is marked with class identification label 0 or 1.
  • If marked as C1, the drone operator must be registered with the EASA.
  • A C0 labeled drones max takeoff weight does not exceed 250g (0.55 lbs).
  • A C1 labeled drones max takeoff weight does not exceed 900g (1.98 lbs).
  • Flight speed does not exceed 19 m/s (42 mph).
  • The drone is not operated over crowds of people or in areas where drone operations are prohibited in a member state.

So the Mini 4 Pro with the "249" gram battery is a classified as a C0 and registration with EASA is not necessary.

After reading through the regulations all I have to say is things have surely changed there!

My brother was probably one of the first tourists to fly a drone all over Pompeii and the guides and few tourists who were there all thought it was great.

But it was probably because of too many people doing the same thing that caused everything to change!

Last edited:
That's partially true. If the drone under 250 grams has a camera, you must register yourself. See this link:

Thank you SO MUCH! That is exactly what I was looking for!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike