DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Regulation/Rules advice (UK CAA)

AJCB

Reactions
Hi I have a couple of locations I have been asked to get some photos on.

One is I am trying to work out whether a dual carriageway would be classed as a congested area if flying early morning or on a Sunday? The site I am hoping to get some imagery on is right next to the road and would like to fly along the edge of the boundary, not directly over the road?

The other is Located in a small village, it is A development of a new build. There is no place within the site to take off that doesn’t overlap either a quiet road, edge of someone’s garden, someone’s house, another’s garage and then private drive, of whom the owner is not best pleased with the site. Would I need to get permission from everyone in order to even take off?

Any advice would be appreciated as I find the rules very unclear.

Thanks in advance

Hi I have a couple of locations I have been asked to get some photos on.

One is I am trying to work out whether a dual carriageway would be classed as a congested area if flying early morning or on a Sunday? The site I am hoping to get some imagery on is right next to the road and would like to fly along the edge of the boundary, not directly over the road?

The other is Located in a small village, it is A development of a new build. There is no place within the site to take off that doesn’t overlap either a quiet road, edge of someone’s garden, someone’s house, another’s garage and then private drive, of whom the owner is not best pleased with the site. Would I need to get permission from everyone in order to even take off?

Any advice would be appreciated as I find the rules very unclear.

Thanks in advance

If you have been asked to take some photos for someone else then the answer is no you cannot without a commercial license (PfCO in the UK).

Hi thanks for the reply. I’ve got the Licience just unsure on the application of the rules

Hi thanks for the reply. I’ve got the Licience just unsure on the application of the rules
i think that if you have your PFCO ,then you would be in a position to know what you need to do to ensure you have the correct procedures in place to be able to fly the missions you mention
i am sorry if i appear to be rude ,but all the info you require should have been given to you when you were training ,and also where to obtain the correct permissions to undertake commercial work

i think that if you have your PFCO ,then you would be in a position to know what you need to do to ensure you have the correct procedures in place to be able to fly the missions you mention
i am sorry if i appear to be rude ,but all the info you require should have been given to you when you were training ,and also where to obtain the correct permissions to undertake commercial work
Just what I was thinking, I’m afraid.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom