DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

remaining storage MA2

fxsales1959

Reactions
hey y'all,
still getting the hang of this: Mavic pro2 with ipad mini 5. plese indulge me on a remaining storge question. on the ipad mini when i have go4 open, on the top where it tells you what frame rate you are shooting, and i guess remaning time, in certain frame rates the frame rate display prtially covers what i assume is time remaining. also, is the drone smart enough to calculate time remaining versus the recording framerate/resolution. common sense would dictate the time remaing would be less if doing 4K24fps versus 1920x1080P 24. i cycled through different frame rates and didn't see much change in remaining time. thi might be because of issue abov where th remaining time is partially"covered". also, is the a quick step or drop-down to see the rermaing time, or % of card capacity, as the scren gets cluttered and busy.
thank you

I thought the mini used the DJI Fly App, not the Go4

Reactions: Camino Ken
DJI Go4 attempts to calculate the time remaining but IMHO does a poor job, Also, I did some testing on my M2P and found that big frame rate changes (i.e. 30 to 60) make a difference in file size but smaller changes (I.e. 24 to 30) made none. The good news is that if you have a card that can hold enough to last for at least one battery at the highest resolution it doesn’t matter.

Reactions: fxsales1959
DJI Go4 attempts to calculate the time remaining but IMHO does a poor job, Also, I did some testing on my M2P and found that big frame rate changes (i.e. 30 to 60) make a difference in file size but smaller changes (I.e. 24 to 30) made none. The good news is that if you have a card that can hold enough to last for at least one battery at the highest resolution it doesn’t matter.
thank you,
i come from the broadcast industry and have sold many solid state recording systems. thank you for taking time for input. i would think there is a big difference , say between 2.7 and 1080p, but don't have time to research. plus mixing media can make a NLE software get real confused nd increase rendering times.

Reactions: Camino Ken
hank you,
i come from the broadcast industry and have sold many solid state recording systems. thank you for taking time for input. i would think there is a big difference , say between 2.7 and 1080p, but don't have time to research. plus mixing media can make a NLE software get real confused nd increase rendering times. I typically start with an empty 64gb card

A point of reference is that 4K/30 is about 750M bytes so your 64 G card will hold about 90 minutes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs