DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Control beeping and lost communications with the drone

koco2202

Reactions
The RC stop communicating with my drone in the middle of the flight, it lost signal and start beeping. Luckily I was able to retrieve the drone safely without damage, but after this the RC is still beeping every time I turn it on, and there is no more communication. Just in case I charged it full but still the same issue.

The RC stop communicating with my drone in the middle of the flight, it lost signal and start beeping. Luckily I was able to retrieve the drone safely without damage, but after this the RC is still beeping every time I turn it on, and there is no more communication. Just in case I charged it full but still the same issue.

Def get with DJI - will be one SLOW process for sure - but the controller seems to have some issue. Could be bad battery / etc.

Do you get blinking lights on the controller while charging and after turning on? Need more info on exactly what the controller is doing to give better advice.

Reactions: Thomas B
Also try
  • Firmware upgrading failure, upgrade RC again
  • RC sticks are not at the midpoint, calibrate them
  • Disconnect with the drone after 5mins, re-link the drone and the RC

Reactions: Thomas B
Def get with DJI - will be one SLOW process for sure - but the controller seems to have some issue. Could be bad battery / etc.

Do you get blinking lights on the controller while charging and after turning on? Need more info on exactly what the controller is doing to give better advice.

When I charge the remote it looks normal, the lights are going one by one, until fully charged. After that, same story, I turn the RC on and it starts to beep.

Also try
  • Firmware upgrading failure, upgrade RC again
  • RC sticks are not at the midpoint, calibrate them
  • Disconnect with the drone after 5mins, re-link the drone and the RC

I tried all of it, beside getting the RC connected to my drone, the beeping continues all the time. I even flew it for little bit, but the beeping continues.

Thank you all for your answers. I decided to use my DJI refresh and send the RC to California, hoping that I will get it back for my trip in Utah in late March.

Thank you all for your answers. I decided to use my DJI refresh and send the RC to California, hoping that I will get it back for my trip in Utah in late March.
On the RC Cal are you remembering to calibrate the rolling pots as well, most people do the sticks and sometimes forget about the scroll wheels? A solidly beeping remote such as you describe is indicative of a Calibration needed from my experience. I will assume you know the difference between the O/A alert which will drive you nuts at lower ground levels ;)

Reactions: koco2202
On the RC Cal are you remembering to calibrate the rolling pots as well, most people do the sticks and sometimes forget about the scroll wheels? A solidly beeping remote such as you describe is indicative of a Calibration needed from my experience. I will assume you know the difference between the O/A alert which will drive you nuts at lower ground levels ;)

Yes, I did the rolling wheel as well.

Mine will do that once in a while but after it's in the air for a bit, the beeping stops. There are no control issues or OA triggering. I seem to remember someone mentioning moving the sticks before powering on the controller (or something like that) will keep it from beeping. TBH, I haven't gotten it since the last firmware update that I recall...

Have DJI fix it if still in warranty. If not maybe try DJI Drone Service.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan