DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote control calibration

microlinux

Reactions
Can anyone enlighten me as to exactly what I'm supposed to be doing during the remote control calibration?

The onscreen instructions say to follow the prompts, but there aren't any that are very useful.

There is a box with circles in it that I gather I am supposed to follow, but they don't move in any smooth or coordinated manner. They seem to sort of randomly move and then stop. I can usually get them moving again by passing the cursor back and forth over them a few times. Occasionally I can't get them moving again and I have to wait for the calibration to timeout and try again.

Then with the dial calibration, basically the instant I move it in the first direction in the slightest, I get the calibration complete message (haven't actually matched the cursor to placeholder on either side before this happens).

I'm a little lost as to how any of this would contribute positively to the calibration of the remote, is this abnormal?

Using the latest version of IOS, Go and firmware.

Im sure you are already doing this, but just ion case, here is a video. I do one stick at a time, very, very slowly, until the empty blue circle is ahead of the solid blue circle. Sometimes you have to go backwards slowly to get the empty blue circle to move.

I enjoy calibrating the controller because it's kind of like playing Pacman...

It should look like this or the empty blue circle might be a little bit further ahead than the solid blue circle which means youre doing it right.

Controller calib.jpg

Thanks, I am using that procedure.

The problem is the circles I'm supposed to follow randomly move and stop. Just for fun, sometimes the two move at different speeds as well.

Any luck?

I finally got back around to it today. One stick at a time seemed to help, the little circle you have to follow is still herky-jerky and sometimes stops, then I have to pass the cursor back and forth over it to get it moving again, but I can at least finish calibration without timing out so much. After several attempts, the final step, calibrating the dial seemed to work - I was able to move the dial left and right to match the marks before it said calibration complete. I am still baffled as to how anything could be better calibrated than when I started. I'm going to take it out tonight or tomorrow night and see how it works.

I tried calibrating my RC a few times. The right stick never seem to reach the right side. When centered, it's 4% to the right. But it hasn't caused any issue with flying, and flight logs shows value to be centered when joystick is released.

Well, she flew straight as an arrow tonight. I can't rightly say which of the calibrations helped, but at least the remote calibration didn't hurt anything.

I tried calibrating my RC a few times. The right stick never seem to reach the right side. When centered, it's 4% to the right. But it hasn't caused any issue with flying, and flight logs shows value to be centered when joystick is released.

My left stick is 7% up, even after the "calibration" - but I've never had any issues with it, either.

i am glad i wasnt the only one with issues with the sticks,,,,,,haha, i struggled to follow the boxes, took about 10 times finally got it, i only calibrated because i was getting a gimbal wheel error so i read it may help, i didnt want to calibrate the sticks just the wheel, finally got it, hope it helps, havent had the error but only flew once since the calibrations

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000