DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote control not connecting to aircraft

suzukijh

Reactions
Hi everyone,

My Mavic Pro RC won't connect to the AC.

What I have tried until now:
Downgrade firmware
Upgrade firmware
Connected the phone into the USB slot and not the micro USB (and removed the micro USB from the RC entirely)
Factory reset
Taken out microSD card
Toggled between RC and wifi on AC - remain on RC when trying to re-bind the remote control
I am using an iPhone Xs

The Remote says: Connecting..
The Home screen in the DJI Go4 app says: RC connected, Enter Device in Blue ----- after entering the device the AC says disconnected (red)
The drone is blinking yellow

I have tried to re-bind the RC to the AC by the following ways:
1. Tried to re-bind the remote control by pressing C1+C2+Record button until it beeps and then pushing the camera button - RC beeps but only says connecting ...I am unable to get the binding message on my remote
2. Tried to re-bind the remote control within the DJI Go4 app by pressing "Linking Remote Controller" - Hit "Ok" when "Link RC?" message appears - The DJI Go4 app flashes "Searching for Aircraft Frequency. Timeout in 60 seconds (press the linking button on the aircraft to link this remote controller)" for one second and then the DJI GO4 app says "Remote Controller Linked" but light on the AC remains blinking yellow
- To be sure, I don't even get the time to press the linking button on the AC to properly re-bind the RC to the AC as seen in DJI tutorials

I have seen a similar post without a resolution. Does anyone have a fix for this problem? Is this a RC or AC issue?

Attachments

• IMG_D6A6290BAEE6-1.jpeg
    IMG_D6A6290BAEE6-1.jpeg
    694.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_CCE4D026EAD7-1.jpeg
    IMG_CCE4D026EAD7-1.jpeg
    626 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_ABADB61389BB-1.jpeg
    IMG_ABADB61389BB-1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0FDA4BC1360F-1.jpeg
    IMG_0FDA4BC1360F-1.jpeg
    991.6 KB · Views: 14
Has this always been happening or just started at some point? If it just started do you rember any kind of event that happened?

When you downgrade and upgrade are you doing that with just the AC or the RC as well?

Has this always been happening or just started at some point? If it just started do you rember any kind of event that happened?

When you downgrade and upgrade are you doing that with just the AC or the RC as well?

I have had my Mavic for a little over a year now and it’s been a steady decline in reliability and function over the past two months to my current situation. There wasn’t a specific event to point to unfortunately.

I have downgraded and upgraded both the RC and AC.

I’m going to try to connect my friends’ Mavic RC to my Mavic and visa versa to see if I can better understand the issue.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Reactions: charliesRig
You definitely made sure the little switch on AC is in RC position and not wifi. Switch it back and forth a few times to make sure it has a proper connection on terminals.

You definitely made sure the little switch on AC is in RC position and not wifi. Switch it back and forth a few times to make sure it has a proper connection on terminals.

Yes, I have done this multiple times and still receive the same result. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I have exactly this same problem. Initially flying trouble free, then downward spiral to "confirm frequency settings" where entering "OK" has no effect on MP2 linking. Watched tutorial on reconnecting at least 5 times without successful relinking.

Will it connect directly to Go 4 using WiFi?

Will it connect directly to Go 4 using WiFi?
I have been unable to find any button on the right side of a/c to switch to wi fi so have not tried that. I reach the "remote controller settings" screen. When I tap "Remote controller Linking" bar, a screen pops up that says "confirm frequency or cancel" when I tap confirm frequency, nothing happens.

Update!

I ended up linking up my friend’s RC to my AC with no problem.

Different from my (broken) RC, the linking process when done through the app was straight forward. The pop up message of “Searching for Aircraft frequency. Timeout in 60 seconds” remained until I pressed the link button on the AC. Once pressed, the remote control linked and I was able to fly the AC : )

My issue was strictly due to a damaged RC (not sure how). There weren’t any specific incidents and the decline occurred over a two month period where there were little in-flight and pre-flight connection issues, to the ultimate non-connection pre-flight.

For those that encounter the same problem and have tried all the potential fixes above, it may be time to buy a new remote control.

press buttons simultaneously
..I recently had this no connection only to find it was the switch on the AC I knocked to WiFi without realising it and have found weird goings-on in my settings due to the debacle I went through before it dawned on me of the stupid mistake.
There may be a factory setting combination of pressing most buttons together like in the procedure to re-link.
I pressed the C1, C2 and REC, photo buttons altogether (by mistake) when trying to re-link.
My C1, C2 buttons got defaulted to camera settings and I lost the left dial action for a while.
The cable between the RC and DJIGO4 on my mobile device had to be dis/reconnected before it regained settings as programmed.
I can't think why the RC would just suddenly DIE. Just the buggy firmware/software.

When trying to relink my Mavic Pro 2 controller to A/C I have followed the forum threads which lead me to believe that either the control mode switch is in "wi fi mode" or that my controller needs replacing. Trying to eliminate causes, one by one, I note that I do not have a toggle on my aircraft as shown above. So, what is the means for my configuration to switch between wi fi and rc? I figure my next step is to ask a friend with a similar Mavic to try to link his controller to my a/c. Thanks for any insights the community may offer!

Take a photo of what is there under the flap where it should be.
Maybe the plastic button/switch has come off ...if so try and put a cocktail stick or something (with care) that will get in there to toggle the switch to the RC position.
2002-01-01_00-00-00_1.jpg
2002-01-01_00-00-00.jpg

Keep it in RC

Last edited:
When trying to relink my Mavic Pro 2 controller to A/C I have followed the forum threads which lead me to believe that either the control mode switch is in "wi fi mode" or that my controller needs replacing. Trying to eliminate causes, one by one, I note that I do not have a toggle on my aircraft as shown above. ...
This thread was regarding a Mavic Pro, not a Mavic 2. The pictures I posted were from the MP user manual. I do not have a M2 but I think DJI dropped the WiFi connectivity for the M2. Perhaps a M2 owner can chime in.

Reactions: Rod from Silvana
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54