DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Controller Hood

Slade

Reactions
Greetings! I’m considering a DJI Remote Controller Hood. Living at one mile high the Sun makes it near impossible to see the controller and phone screen. Does anyone use a hood? Do they work? Happy flying??

Greetings! I’m considering a DJI Remote Controller Hood. Living at one mile high the Sun makes it near impossible to see the controller and phone screen. Does anyone use a hood? Do they work? Happy flying??
Yes. I wouldn't leave home without it. This example is for an iPad mini.
It's not perfect, but better than nothing.
IMG_7097.jpg

Reactions: Slade and Sully53
I use a hood all the time. My video below shows how to make one. Also have a similar one for a mini iPad.
If you go to the YouTube page there is a link to download the pattern for the hood.

I bought one for my Galaxy S8 and used only once. It works well but feels like it's on the way and too close to the edges making the task of touching the screen very difficult... I didn't like much.

Reactions: Slade
Hi
I had same issue. Buy a smart controller and a Pgytech hood for it. Works great.
??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech