DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote controller will not connect to Mavic Air

DrDick

Reactions
I have searched previous threads but no answers to address what I am experiencing.
Mavic Air is now less than one week old, it self connected fine out of the box and I flew it briefly on two occasions. Now the RC will no longer connect with the drone.
Updated firmware(s). Removed then reinstalled the DJI Go 4 app on my iPhone X.
Batteries are both fully charged.
Tried to connect according to the DJI instructions. One of the steps is to hold the Function button on the drone until the drone beeps so that the pairing process can occur. Mine does not beep. Held it for 3 seconds as instructed, then tried 4, 5 10... you name it. No beep and no connecting. The RC times out after 60 seconds, without connection being made.
Any suggestions?
Thanks...

Last edited:
If your Mavic Air rear function button doesn't beep when holding it in, I believe you'll have to contact DJI Support. Holding that function button in should beep once (pair remote), twice (pair WiFi), three times (reset WiFi)...and pressing the function button twice (which produces a different tone) should enable gesture mode. If you're getting no beeps at all, sounds like you have a hardware issue and your unit may require repair or replacement.

If your Mavic Air rear function button doesn't beep when holding it in, I believe you'll have to contact DJI Support. Holding that function button in should beep once (pair remote), twice (pair WiFi), three times (reset WiFi)...and pressing the function button twice (which produces a different tone) should enable gesture mode. If you're getting no beeps at all, sounds like you have a hardware issue and your unit may require repair or replacement.
Tried resetting to factory settings and that kept failing. Just got off chat with DJI Support. "Send it back" they said. I must say the response via Facebook chat was excellent. Fast and on the money. I'm impressed.

Tried resetting to factory settings and that kept failing. Just got off chat with DJI Support. "Send it back" they said. I must say the response via Facebook chat was excellent. Fast and on the money. I'm impressed.

I had the same issue, while using a new LG smartphone. I finally gave in and bought the iPhone 6. That fixed the problem. Sometimes I also pressed the "Failed To Connect" tab on the screen anyways and it connects. Seems to be a delay in communicating signals between controller and drone...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic