DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote I D in Canada

Mr Mint

Reactions
Is there anyone in Canada that might have some inside knowledge regarding the development of the new and upcoming Remote I D laws concerning drones. I wonder if the Canadian government might take a wait and see position to see how things develop in the U S A or do you think that Canada will be moving along quickly to push forward the new I D laws. I am going to make a drone purchase this Spring, and I am undecided between the Mini 2 or the Mavic Air 2. It all depends on this remote I D issue. I like the idea that the mini 2 is not affected by the new laws but on the other hand I really like the features of the Mavic Air 2. Any comments?

Hi,

I'm in the Toronto area. I think they will adopt a "wait and see" attitude. Historically they usually do that. I just hope they don't get too Draconian!! Fingers crossed!

With Garneau in charge, may have to get astronaut training, multiple strobes, remote ID, recurring testing, give a sample of your dna and file a flight plan every time you want to fly your mini over or near anyone or anything anywhere.
I would go with the Air 2. Like my drone to have enough bulk to overcome a slight breeze. Amazed how many people are perplexed why their 250 gram drone can't return home into moderate wind.

Last edited:
Lol... You may have a point! You would think a former astronaut would have an understanding of the joy of flying! Ask for the mavic Air 2, that's what I have is well. It's a great drone. You can't go wrong with that.

I find it so funny that in a previous posting, he or she suggests that maybe we might have to take astronaut training just to fly a drone. Ha Ha...Some people have a good sense of humor. I really do appreciate the comments. Thanks.

With Garneau in charge, may have to get astronaut training, multiple strobes, remote ID, recurring testing, give a sample of your dna and file a flight plan every time you want to fly your mini over or near anyone or anything anywhere.
I would go with the Air 2. Like my drone to have enough bulk to overcome a slight breeze. Amazed how many people are perplexed why their 250 gram drone can't return home into moderate wind.
MM2 handles wind just as well as MA2.
It's not the weight that pushes past wind, it is thrust. Granted weight helps inertial dampening of wind changes, but a good, well reacting flight control can do a decent job of handling wind shifts.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair