DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID For MA2

The DJI Drones even back to lightbridge were always broadcasting for the tracking with aeroscope with no user ability to turn off this whole time. So there's no reason why they would give users the choice to do the same for the remote id variation of that. The only difference is, the end user is now aware that it's doing it, and the ability to capture that data doesn't require a $10,000 device.
Agreed, but there is a huge difference between a $10,000 Aeroscope used for security at airports and by law enforcement for the most egregious offenders, and giving anyone and everyone with a cellphone free access to the same information through an app. Road rage is already a thing. Drone rage is, too, even if one is flying completely legally. This puts every drone pilot at risk from every drone hater. Expect to be confronted while flying everywhere! Might as well put a target on your back when you put your drone in the air!

Agreed, but there is a huge difference between a $10,000 Aeroscope used for security at airports and by law enforcement for the most egregious offenders, and giving anyone and everyone with a cellphone free access to the same information through an app. Road rage is already a thing. Drone rage is, too, even if one is flying completely legally. This puts every drone pilot at risk from every drone hater. Expect to be confronted while flying everywhere! Might as well put a target on your back when you put your drone in the air!
True, assuming DJI is honest about the price tag for every agency that wants one.

For now my Air 2S doesn't broadcast anything, not even for the Aeroscope as I disabled it, just because it doesn't *need* to broadcast that and I'm not going to be stupid and fly where or in a manner I shouldn't. Much the same way I disabled the geofencing because I don't like DJI forcing that on me, when I'm perfectly capable of being a responsible adult and submitting my requests thru aloft air data without dealing with DJI's slow site on top of that.

But I intend to be compliant when Sept 2023 rolls around for at least Remote ID, because while it's not illegal to turn off all that, Remote ID itself will be the law by then.

True, assuming DJI is honest about the price tag for every agency that wants one.

For now my Air 2S doesn't broadcast anything, not even for the Aeroscope as I disabled it, just because it doesn't *need* to broadcast that and I'm not going to be stupid and fly where or in a manner I shouldn't. Much the same way I disabled the geofencing because I don't like DJI forcing that on me, when I'm perfectly capable of being a responsible adult and submitting my requests thru aloft air data without dealing with DJI's slow site on top of that.

But I intend to be compliant when Sept 2023 rolls around for at least Remote ID, because while it's not illegal to turn off all that, Remote ID itself will be the law by then.
Yes, I'm sure free Aeroscope units were likely offered to promote Aeroscope and encourage agencies to purchase and use DJI drones, but the bar to entry likely at least required some official credentials.

We are on the same page of being responsible adults without also needing DJI's permission to fly in our own country, when we have all necessary permissions required here. I'm even OK with September 2023, when it actually becomes law, but pushing us out in front, in the mean time, with targets on our backs, to be the guinea pigs for drone rage attacks, under the guise of a highly desired FW update to install other new wanted features, seems irresponsible!

Reactions: karlblessing
hows_my_driving_bumper_sticker-ra94992ce5ead4ecb83b802db606576a7_v9wht_8byvr_307.jpg

Besides all the other regulations...how's my flying?

Here is the list of all Compliant models as of now.

DG, the Mini 3 is NOT exempt completely. If it is used with the Plus battery or for Part 107 it has to be registered and be RID compliant.
On page 72 of the mini 3 pro users manual it now says,the aircraft automatically broadcasts Remote ID
messages from takeoff to shutdown.I guess the battery size matters not.As that pretty much sums it up.

On page 72 of the mini 3 pro users manual it now says,the aircraft automatically broadcasts Remote ID
messages from takeoff to shutdown.I guess the battery size matters not.As that pretty much sums it up.
From djis website because it probably didn't come that way new in the box?

This is from the DJI website
Be nice to know when it was a documented feature.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid