DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID ready?

New England Droning

Reactions
I probably missed this in the safety menu but I just don't remember seeing it prior to sending my mini2 out to DJI for repair.

I got it back yesterday and they gave me a new drone and so I paired it and went out calibrated it and did a quick take off to above the house, did a 360 and then came back down since it was cold out.
But one thing I noticed as I went through the settings. I noticed a new field in safety (or was it there already) for Remote ID... was this there before and I missed it??????

I turned off the drone and my controller and I'm looking at safety on the phone and remote ID is gone as an option but when I turn the drone and controller on the option shows up and I can activate the UUID with no options (on or off)

I also have an option for identification and flight info with the option for flight info (I fill it in) and identification also was a fill it in...

Ok was I just a newbie and I didn't notice these or are they something new when I paired the UAS? (I know the answer will be because I'm a newbie but I hope it was the other)

Is this DJI getting ready for remote ID? Or is this something different? I googled it and this works with Aeroscope... I'm guessing this is not what comes into effect in 2022-2023.

Those are NOT the same thing as FAA Remote ID. Don't go too far down that rabbit hole yet.

the FAA requirements for Remote ID are not formalized yet so we honestly don't know how much DJI's "version" of RID will correlate with the FAA's "version' of RID.

I figured it was that I just didn't notice it before... :) I like the sound of this version versus what the FAA wants...
But since the article was dated 2017 I figured this was something different.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580