DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID

So why all the concern about ADS?
I’m not at all concerned about it it just won’t make a difference.
They can’t even enforce the known violations.
Meaning incursions into controlled airspace that they’ve measured

Prohibition of possession, and consumption of alcohol drinks had exceptions for religious uses. I "believe" in my mavic mini, does that make me exempt ?
Maybe there’s certainly going to be an exemption for experimental drones.

You can be tracked right now (for years prior also) with the DJI Aeroscope.
intersting
I had a meeting with Airservices Australia (they are responsible for our airspace management) and CASA this morning. Brisbane Airport has been operating Aeroscope since mid 2019. I conduct flying training and also run a flying club on the edge of airspace. I was amazed when they were able to show me the logs of all of our flights for 18 months. Phantoms, mavics (pro, 2 and zoom) airs and even the mavic minis. Times, dates and aircraft serial numbers as well as mapped flight paths. Very impressive stuff.

Reactions: Thomas B
Times, dates and aircraft serial numbers as well as mapped flight paths.

Can Aeroscope still do all of this if data transmission is turned off in the controller options?

Yes, as it is intercepting the RC - AC transmissions. Consider this: we're able to get a lot of info from the DAT file on the mobile device, just about all of it generated and sent by the AC.

Aeroscope is designed for DJI products though.

Yes, as it is intercepting the RC - AC transmissions. Consider this: we're able to get a lot of info from the DAT file on the mobile device, just about all of it generated and sent by the AC.

Aeroscope is designed for DJI products though.
But it will
Pick up most drones and the info...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots