DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote reset ?

BadWolf1

Reactions
It seemed such a good idea flying through this bit of a derelict building. But I clipped the wall (should have used prop guards and driven like a dodgem car!)

1594134442620.png

You can't see it in the resized version of the picture but the red light is on, on the drone and the app was talking to it. But it wouldn't restart the motors because it had detected an impact (trying to take off I got a message "Impact detected, reset the drone" ). A slight problem as the shot above was of the space circled below. .

1594135276245.png
Roughly 20 feet / 7 meters above ground level. I've got it back, but it involved going home and returning with the ladder (which only got me half way) and a long pole, and the drone suffered some damage in the recovery.
If it is possible to reset it remotely that would be good to know, although I can see DJI designing it to prevent you doing this.

Reactions: ff22
It seemed such a good idea flying through this bit of a derelict building. But I clipped the wall (should have used prop guards and driven like a dodgem car!)

View attachment 107184

You can't see it in the resized version of the picture but the red light is on, on the drone and the app was talking to it. But it wouldn't restart the motors because it had detected an impact (trying to take off I got a message "Impact detected, reset the drone" ). A slight problem as the shot above was of the space circled below. .

View attachment 107186
Roughly 20 feet / 7 meters above ground level. I've got it back, but it involved going home and returning with the ladder (which only got me half way) and a long pole, and the drone suffered some damage in the recovery.
If it is possible to reset it remotely that would be good to know, although I can see DJI designing it to prevent you doing this.
Very effective presentation of the issue. Close-up - not a problem. Oh, it's THERE! (g) Hope it flies again.

Very effective presentation of the issue. Close-up - not a problem. Oh, it's THERE! (g) Hope it flies again.
It's glued and came through a test flight this afternoon. I expect to send it back to have the plastic moulding on the arm replaced because eventually glue will fatigue.

Reactions: ff22
It's glued and came through a test flight this afternoon. I expect to send it back to have the plastic moulding on the arm replaced because eventually glue will fatigue.
Glad the repairs are working. I don't know how or if it affects you, but possibly the glue will put the weight on the mini up into the 250g class. If it's a concern maybe some sanding and filing will lower the weight enough.

Glad the repairs are working. I don't know how or if it affects you, but possibly the glue will put the weight on the mini up into the 250g class. If it's a concern maybe some sanding and filing will lower the weight enough.

It's unlikely - the Mini is under 249g and even with an ND filter it's OK with the weight limit. It's less than 1g of glue. I did consider wrapping the area in tape which would have unbalanced the drone, added drag and might have passed the limit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7