DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Signal Strength Dropoff

brian3x

Reactions
So I’ve had been able to fly a good distance. I have paid very close attention to my remote signal and have seen it drop by 2 bars at the furthest points. I’m curious how quickly it drops once it starts and if folks have seen it disconnect all together ?

Attachments

• IMG_0036.jpg
    IMG_0036.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 37
Drop off time seems to depend on the firmware.
.0400 had a very slow drop off time, slow enough that you could gain altitude or turn around.

500 and 550 had a very quick drop off for me and some others.

.700 people say the drop off is not as quick. I have heard no negative reports on .800 and .900 but I still hear .400 let you get the most distance before losing signal.

And yes mine has dropped out and it RTH perfectly back to my landing pad.

Rob

I would love to know this as well. Do you have a 4 mile open space to test?

Drop off time seems to depend on the firmware.
.0400 had a very slow drop off time, slow enough that you could gain altitude or turn around.

500 and 550 had a very quick drop off for me and some others.

.700 people say the drop off is not as quick. I have heard no negative reports on .800 and .900 but I still hear .400 let you get the most distance before losing signal.

And yes mine has dropped out and it RTH perfectly back to my landing pad.

Rob

From my experience.200 had an even slower signal drop off than .400. At the time .200 firmware was still available, I noticed the signal degradation the day I upgraded and immediately went back to .200. The next day fw .200 was taken off the list and I have been skeptical of firmware ever since, staying on

No, but 100s of miles of open water.

Rob

we are still at this point? ...........................

we are still at this point? ...........................
Its kind of getting pointless since in a few weeks this will all be unimportant.

Rob

Its kind of getting pointless since in a few weeks this will all be unimportant.

Rob
huh? did i lose a chapter? LOL :p well i hope it'll be a good point for " us " ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman